Hua Hin hotels

Search

Hua Hin hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hua Hin hotels

Hi. My husband and I will be in Bangkok for 4 nights in late June. Would like to go to a nearby resort for 2 nights and we thought HH might be a good choice. Is Hilton (We are Hilton Gold member) better or Veranda Lodge as suggested by someone ? Round trip transfers by taxi are around 5000 baht. Any better and cheaper taxi company to recommend? Is going by train easy? Many thanks
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 02:54 AM

Taxis is about B 1,800 each way, Limo about B 2,850 ( large sedans ), only book one way, extra for limo worth it as normal taxis are small Corolla size and the limo gives much smoother ride. Only book one way as there are nice large taxi cars in Hua hin for the return triop who charge B 1,800.

Train takes well over 4 hours, unless you really really like trains I would give it a miss.

Bus Exppress is B 180 each way, takes about 3 hrs 30.

Hua Hin is a 'High Rise' in the middle of town but on the beach, though beach there not that good you need to wealk further down past the Sofitel.
If you want a high rise fine, persoanly though....

There are 2 Veranda resorts, one in Cha Am and one in Hua Hin.

Popular top level choices: Sofitel central, built original 1920, some call it the Raffles of Thailand, very 1920's but up to date, good value for money, near the Hilton in town but better part of beach. Marriott resort is ok but many say rooms that that good compared with what else on offer. Hyatt regeny is 5 minutes from town by tuk-tuk or taxi, lovely large gardens and pool, typical good Hyatt Regency style, good avlue at around USD 100.

Samller boutique style places on the beach: Kabana Tamor and S'Mor Spa, Baan talay Dao, Supatra, all at Khao Takiab Beach just past the Hyatt Regency. North of Hua Hin towards Cha Am are Anantara resort, Dusit resort, Springfield resort ( if you are into Golf they have in addition to the beach hotel also a Golf Course and I think you get free trasnport and some green fee deals ). Golden Sands is high rise 3 star on the beach.

There is a lot of choice, also casa papaya in Cha Am boutique style.

Evason and Aleenta are actually in pranburi which is quiet and remote, 30 mins south of Hua Hin. Take a look at www.huahin.20m for around 30 plus choices in the area, local. Also to get an idea of beach area www.khao-takiab.com shows you Khao Takiab area which is within 10 minutes of town center but much quieter beach area, the main beach around the Hilton and Sofitel is actually right in town, like any beach town you need to move a little away from the center for less busy beach areas.www.huahinwhatson.com also has local info and ideas. If you want to head straight to hotel prices, photos and location details go to this link and you are right onto the rates and photos, they have all those places Hilton, Sofitel, Hyatt etc but they don't do Marriott anymore. if you want plush luxury I would go for Sofitel or Hyatt, very different, you can see from the photos, if you want quiet relaxation the Kaban Tamor, Baan Talay Dao, Supatra, or even the Sabai Jai for a quiet place. Chom View Suites if you want apartment style accommodation, Ocean Breeze if you want boutique B&B. Springfield if one of you or both want to spend a lot of time of the golf course. If you want bungalow then the Central Village is between the Sofitel and the Hilton. Central Village is part of the Accor Group, same operators as the Sofitel.

www.r24.org/huahin.20m.com/huahin/hotels/

Old Jun 14th, 2005, 02:55 AM

Typo: "Hua Hin High Rise" should read " The Hilton Hua Hin is a high rise", you can see it for miles........
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 10:46 AM

We stayed at the Hyatt in Hua Hin last year and thought it was fabulous. We looked at the Hilton when we were in town and were glad we didn't stay there. I am Hilton Gold too and did consider it because of that, but JamesA and others gave good advice about not choosing the Hilton. I also considered the Marriott (also Gold) but it did not compare to the Hyatt either.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 11:52 AM

I guess I should have emphacized more about the very big difference beachwise, in front of the high rise Hilton there are beach vendors cooking food and chairs, sand and rocks, you can't compare that with the wide sand in front of the Sofitel ( but still some rocks ) with the clear wide open beach at the Hyatt.
Plus I should add that some of the best restaurants are not in the busy town center but around Hyatt way like let's See, the Sasi Garden, Supatra-by-the-sea, La mer, Rua Rimtarn etc.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 06:49 PM

The Hyatt is lovely. The other place I've stayed in Hua Hin that has more stunning rooms is the Anantara. The Deluxe Lagoon rooms are simply gorgeous. However, the beach isn't as nice at the Anantara as it is at the Hyatt. The Hyatt also has beautiful grounds.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 04:26 AM

If a traditional Thai type resort is important to u than Anantara. We stayed at Hyatt and loved it. The only place which comapred we felt was the Sofitel and that too coz we love old properties which have history lurking in every corner. But we preferred to stay at the Hyatt as it was just right for a resorty break.
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 05:30 AM

A place that rarely gets mentioned although it is very very famous within Thailand is the Springield. Now this place is perfect if you want to play Golf. It's a high rise on the beach between Hua hin and Cha Am, they also own the famous Springfiled Golf Course and they shuttle players between the 2, but also you can 'stay' at the Springfield Golf Village and Spa of ra night or 2. The Beach hotel is in the USD 60 area or around 100 for a suite, the Goldf Village is more, about 120 or suites from 150, for any golfers it's a good combination.

Supatra which is about 5 minutes past the Hyatt has Pool Villas for around 150, again, not often mentioned at all although their restautant is famed throughout Thailand. Yahoo brings up a lot of local sites for Thailand and Asia as 'they' do include them in the search results.