Search

hua hin hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hua hin hotel

hello to all,

could i have some experienced suggestions on which of the following 3 hotels i should stay & the reasons for yr recommendations.

sofitel

hilton

dusit thani

after chkg out all i felt location wise, price wise as well as quality wise they suit me, needed yr help to zero down on 1.

Am travelling with my wife n toddler alongwith another couple with a child.

appreciate yr time and comments

thanks
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 01:53 PM

The Sofitel is really lovely. The Hilton is a concrete high-rise, looks uninviting. Sorry, I don't know the Dusit Thani.

May I suggest the Hyatt? It has gorgeous grounds and has some activities for children, as well as a children's pool and water slides. Of the places you've mentioned, I think it would be best for a family with a child.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 02:44 PM

We loved the Sofitel. The grounds are beautiful and it's very well-located.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM

the sofitel is a combo of old and new and very near to town...many fodorites like it very much...

i hate the hilton---concrete jungle is my comment also..

dusit is an unknown hotel to me in HH...

i also love the hyatt....it is a bit out of town but it offers almost anything you need and has a pay shuttle into town a few times per day...

i recently stayed at the new sheraton north of HH and loved it....not really good for small kids however....too much water around, but there is a very nice kids club there...
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 05:14 AM

Sofitel is right in town, classic style and you can walk to everywhere.
Hilton is nearby, though it is a tall high rise hotel, and is such a tower of a hotel.
Dusit Thani is between Hua hin and Cha Am, nice place but you are a long way from town, well, not so long but it is about 15 -20 minutes each way.
As other have said, Hyatt is a good choice, also the Marriott has not been mentioned, Marriott is not as close to the center as Sofitel but just about walkable, also near the new mall and close to the night market at Grand Plaza.
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 05:15 AM

That time to Dusit Thani is by taxi.
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 05:26 AM

As you are 2 couples perhaps you might want to look at Baan Laksasubha, they are suites and villas just walking distance past the Sofitel, there is hotel style service and a beach restaurant but it does not have resort/hotel facilities, the plus point from 'yout' point of view though is that you could get a 2 bedroomed villa there, be close to town probably a lot cheaper. The villas are duplex style, very Sofitel in their design, at the beach and again, easy walking into town. Don't excpect kid's club or lots of facilities.
Suffice to say I would not be 'scared' recommend to Bob and others to considor on their next visit ! ( :
But if you want full facilities I think Sofitel or Hyatt would be the best to considor.

http://www.baanlaksasubha.com/ - the website is not that good, but for those who know Hua Hin, these are just past the Sofitel, on the beach, 2 storey duplex avillas and amazing suites. Better photos on huahin.20m.com at
http://www.r24.org/huahin.20m.com/hu...subha/details/
$100 up, $135 1 bedroom suite $178 2 bedroom villa
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 07:41 AM

Kathie suggested the Hyatt to us (regency wing) and we took her advice and LOVED it. really beautiful and well worth the short tuk tuk ride into town...