Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Hotel - Last (one) Night in Hong Kong before long-haul flight

Nov 9th, 2018, 02:54 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

I am going to SE Asia Jan 2019, flying in and out of Hong Kong from London. We are spending our first 2 nights in HK at Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay, before flying onto Thailand. We return to HK at 19:30 on a Friday and have 24 hours in HK before our late (23:00) flight out the next day. I was going to try to pre-check our cases at the airport upon arrival for our long haul flight the next night (BA) but if we cannot, we will bring them with us to the hotel. Does it make sense to stay near the airport and travel in for the day on Saturday, return to our original hotel (maybe we will leave our 'colder' climate clothes at our original hotel) or stay in another part of the city? I also have read about HK Baggage Check-In at Central Station - anyone have experience/tips if we use this?

As always, thank you!
Feb 11th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Am answering my own post, in case it helps someone out. We stayed at the YMCA Salisbury Hotel on Kowloon. The rooms were great, front desk helpful and location the best. We did end up checking our cases in the next day at Kowloon Station before taking the express train back to HKK. Was so easy and nice to check bags before boarding train (although it's easy from train into terminal).
Feb 11th, 2019, 07:26 PM

>>Am answering my own post, in case it helps someone out. We stayed at the YMCA Salisbury Hotel on Kowloon. The rooms were great, front desk helpful and location the best.<<

I didn't see your post first time around . . . but if I had I would have recommended the Salisbury YMCA I love it there. I get higher floor rooms and the views are fabulous.