Search

hotel in tokyo. four names

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel in tokyo. four names

hi,
i'm staying 5 days in tokyo this august.

my hotel options are:

MO
Park Hyatt
FS Marunouchi
Fs Chinzan-So

What do u suggest in terms of locations,room and service?
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 08:23 AM

Hi,
In terms of access to public transportation, MO and FS Marunouchi are clear wins over the other two.
MO are on higher floor (30th plus) so a good city view. Also pretty large rooms. It's close to Mitsukoshi department store and across from Bank of Japan. Not much in terms of nightlife, unless you get a cab to ginza.
FS Marunouchi is close to Tokyo stn. Mainly office area though nearby buildings have good choice of restaurants. It's not on high floors, so I doubt about the views.

Park Hyatt is beautiful, has a good bar (though expensive). No comments on the rooms as I've never stayed as a guest. Shinjuku area can be fun, though the hotel is about 15min from the nearest subway station. They provide shuttle bus services, but most likely you'll end up taking cabs a lot.
Chinzanso is a fine hotel, though not brand new, and literally in the middle of nowhere in terms of public transportation and attractions nearby.

Will you be there for business or pleasure?
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

just for pleasure
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 02:07 PM

I have stayed at both FS hotels. As stated, FS Chinzanso is well off the beaten path. But the one good thing about that is that it is set in a lovely park, with an 1100 year old pagoda in the middle of it. Strolling in the garden there is a nice antidote to the hectic pace of the rest of the city.
FS Maranoucni is ultra convenient for getting around town and also back and forth to the airport. You pop right down to Tokyo Station and hop on the train. Tokyo Station can be very confusing, so the hotel sent someone with us to make sure we got on the right train, when we went to the airport. We ate in the hotel's signature restaurant one night and it was excellent. The other night we walked to Ginza, about 6-7 min walk from the hotel, and tried a restaurant recommended by the concierge. We loved walking on the Ginza at night looking in the shop windows. (There were actually a couple of very talented street musicians set up in front of one of the dept stores.)

Rooms and service at both hotels were just what you would expect from a FS hotel....tasteful decor and discreet, meticulous service.
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 02:32 AM

Just got back from 6 days at Park Hyatt. It is a gorgeous, fabulous hotel but the location is inconvenient. It is a 15-20 minute walk to Shinjuku station which is huge. The shuttle bus is not terrible convenient as the station itself is so large you can have a long walk once you get there.

There are not a lot of things to do right in the Shinjuku area.
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:44 PM

If you want a luxury hotel well located, I would highly recommend the Seiyo Ginza hotel,a small,very personalized establishment.The service is wonderful.I have stayed at the 4 seasons,Cninzan-so.It was beautiful, but not very well located.I also had dinner recently at the New York Grill at the Hyatt Regency- poor service and not well located.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 01:18 AM

#1 MO
#2 Park Hyatt
Old May 20th, 2007, 12:47 PM

I would pick a hotel near where you will be visiting. We used Starwood points to stay at the Westin. Anything we saved on hotel fees, we made up with taxi expenses and time on the train.