Search

Honeymooners in Bangkok and Hua Hin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymooners in Bangkok and Hua Hin

Hello all,

I have a friend who has asked me for some advice about what to do (apart from the obvious honeymooners activities) when on honeymoon later this year (January / February). Although I have good knowledge and experience of Europe, I don't know anything about Thailand. Thus I thought I would ask some of you who might have a better idea.

They are planning to spend 3 days and nights at The Banyan Tree, Bangkok. Hope to see some sights, partake of good food and some nightlife. The 3 nights may be affected by jet lag but, give then a chance to get a feel of the city.

They will then be moving to stay at the Evason Hua Hin (not the Evason Hideaway) for 11 nights. I believe this hotel is about 20km south of the resort itself.

Considering they are on honeymoon, I would think they would like to experience things with a romantic theme. Temples and other historic buildings certainly would be my own choice. Quiet personal time would also be a consideration I should think.

If any of you have been to either and have any ideas, they would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation I look forward to your replies.
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 08:20 AM

Others will give you Bangkok ideas for dining etc.

The Evson Hua Hin is about 30-35 km south of Hua Hin. It is in a quiet coatal area known as Pranburi. There ar a few other resorts / small hotels along that coast. It is a very quiet area. If they want shopping and any nightlife at all they need to go to/from Hua Hin Town.

Meals/drinks at the Evaon are expensive ( as such hotels usualy charge ), there is a local run restaurant just past which is frequented by many of the guests, nice basic Thai food and cheap drinks.
Around the same area are drivers with cars who will offer tours and trips around the area. Queit/remote but close to the Sam Roi Yot National Park which is well worth a visit ( or 2 ), wetlands and birdwatching ( more interesting than it sounds as it is a major stopping-off place in Asia for birds migrating north to south ) and the colors are pretty amazing !
Also visit to s temple inside a cave by long tail boat and hike.

It is above all a quiet location, Evason has it's spas and prices probably along the lines of high end range. Pranburti town is about 15/20 minutes from Evason, local provincial town, local shops, busy, not so much to see though a wander without throngs of tourists can be welcoming to some.
If they go for meals in Hua Hin, Let's Sea, Supatra by the Sea are both at the beach. They need to carefuly arrange transport, taxis are available day and night to pranburi but it is not so cheap, I am guessing now, others may be more recent but probably in the B 600 range ( soething close/under US$20 each way ). I belive the Evason does a shuttle a couple of times but not sure. You have the rural areas and the local drivers will take them around, but the national park is the main attraction, tell them to compare any tours offered from the resort to those with local drivers.
The Evason is not 'on' the beach as when last down that way was a narrow road between resort and beach, though more of a pathaway realy. The beach is 'not pristine tropical style' but pressume they know that.
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 08:32 AM

If they want to see Thai classic music and dance show, sasi Restaurant and show near enrance of Hyatt Regency Hua Hin:

http://www.sasi-restaurant.com/02_daily_act.htm

Also a day trip well worth while is to Koh Talu/Bang Saphan ( about 2 hrs journey south ) for snorkeling, makes a fun day out

Handy map:
http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/hua_...pran_buri.html

Evason is in section A4

National Park:
http://www.dnp.go.th/parkreserve/asp...pid=8&lg=2

South of Evason on the beach at the park is Dolphin Bay, their website gives some quite good area information, they can go by boat to Monkey island and also watch for the Pink Dolphins ( tried to see many times without much good luck ):
http://www.dolphinbayresort.com/Khao_Sam_Roi_Yot.asp

http://www.dolphinbayresort.com/Thin...rk&Lang=EN

http://www.dolphinbayresort.com/Thin...in&Lang=EN
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Hi James A,

Wow what a quick and detailed reply. The nature of the Evason Hua Hin (spa etc) did make me think it may in fact be an escape rather that a "hot spot". This looks to be the case in your reply. I think my friends will enjoy this.

I will certainly do some reading from the links you provided here and send off some of these after perusing them.

Thanks very much.

Old Jan 10th, 2008, 09:31 AM

Go see the Calypso Cabaret- ladyboy show at the Asia Hotel in BKK. Search the web for their website. Its a classy show good for all ages- great fun. Its right on the skytrain as well.
Skip the dinner show - do the cocktail show - price is $25 each and includes one drink.
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 09:38 AM

chicasia.com Happy Travels!
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 10:02 AM

i ahve a bkk rest. list if you want to give it to them

[email protected]

i should think they will want a car while in hua hin at least for part of the time.....budget is the one to check for that.....the pick-up truck is the cheapest normally---very honeymoonish....

supartra by the sea is an excellent restaurant just south of HH off of the main road and right on the ocean...