Help with hotel in Bangkok ...??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, i just checked into the four seasons with my mum. we are not happy with the room - its dark and musty and the overall vibe of the hotel feels dated and in need of some upkeep. any tips of where else we might stay. we want somewhere fab as this holiday is about luxury and rnr for us ... have tried Penn and of course they are booked out for the next five days,
thanks,
x
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 02:02 AM

It'll be hard to get a room at most of the 5 star hotels this time of the year. I would talk to the GM or Front Desk Manager and get a room change or an upgrade instead.

Old Dec 27th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Original Poster

thanks hanuman...i am still in the business centre searching desperately and you are right of course there is nothing available. very sad, as this is not the standard we were expecting especially for the price. we are already in a premier suite and there are no chances of an upgrade unfortunately. we will just have to try and enjoy! thanks again,
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 02:35 AM

Have you tried the Oriental and the Shangri-La, and the Banyan Tree? Also I would suggest you try for one of the river-front corner suites at the Bangkok Marriott (riverside), they are right on the river and quite nice, price should be the same or less as the premier room at the Four Seasons and a larger room (a suite in fact). The regular rooms could be booked, but the suites may be available. The regular rooms at this hotel are nice too, lovely large pool here and nice river location. Suites are just larger and better IMO. Nice spa.

The JW Marriott Bangkok is not too far from you and you might try that as well. I think the Courtyard is actually quite a nice hotel and is worth looking into if the Four Seasons really is not what you expected.

Old Dec 27th, 2007, 04:20 AM

What about the Hyatt that is just around the corner from you?
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 04:46 AM

have you asked the hotel for a better room??
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 04:49 AM

the intercontential might be nice on plenochit...

the conrad is not far and it is very nice...

a suite at the hilton on the river

shangri-la in the krungthrup wing
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 05:46 AM

Guen will be appalled to hear that her favorite hotel has deteriorated. Do have a serious (but very calm) talk with the GM about your room.

Guen is in town, maybe she'll come over and get your room situation worked out ;-)
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 07:32 AM

Also consider the lebua at State Tower - you might have the best luck in terms of availability there, since it's a little unknown still...
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 04:06 PM

The Millenium (on Asoke) is still in it's soft opening phase, but that might mean you can get a room there. Location is not as good as the others that have been discussed, but if you really want to move...

You might also check out the Sukhothai.

I shall have to have a word with Mr. Heineke next time I see him.
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 05:51 PM

bill may go and clean the room himself, michael....
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 07:54 PM

I hope things have settled down and you've had a chance to let them know you're unhappy and they've tried to find you another room -- I'd be really surprised (and disappointed) if they didn't bend over backwards to make sure you're ok. Musty could be a smoking room ?? I did experience that in the second room we had two years ago (but then I still smoked so it was hard to complain). There are alot of different rooms and some were redone in the past few years so there has to be something that would suit you better.
If they can't move you because everything is totally booked, ask for a foot massage for you and your mother. That will get you over your disappointment, I can guarantee it.

Old Dec 31st, 2007, 09:16 PM

I'm just seeing this thread. I'm really surprised as the hotel has been renovated. They gave me a renovated room back around August 2005. The room was beautiful. But, I was totally satisfied with the unrenovated rooms. I've always had a standard room and have never received a bad room. So, I don't know what to make of all of this. Happy Travels!