Notices

Help with BKK details

Old May 8th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with BKK details

Ok, I am back with more questions. As our July 3 departure dates gets closer, I am trying to finalize some of the details.

In BKK, we have hired Tong for two days. We are only in BKK for three days. Any suggestions on the itinerary and what we should do? We are interested in seeing as much as we can in our limited time there, but also want some time for shopping....

Thanks for all your help!

I can't wait to post my trip report!

Jen
Old May 9th, 2006, 03:09 AM

Jen-If this is your first trip to BKK, you should see the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Chinatown, Jim Thompson House and MBK Shopping Mall on one very long day. The Marble Wat, Viranamek Palace and a Klong tour( you won't need Tong for this) are also wonderful. If you're there on a weekend, you might try Chatachuk market. Some people love it, others are indifferent. On another thread, someone posted that Tong was very helpful in bargaining at a market.
Old May 9th, 2006, 04:40 AM

All the above, of course. Also try and take the regular river bus on the Chao Praya at least once, and the National Museum is well worth a whirl.
Old May 9th, 2006, 05:06 AM

And once you've let Tong know what you're interests are, don't be shy about asking her for her recommendations. She knows her city better than we do!

You're going to have so much FUN!
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help. These places are all packed into my itinerary.

I will leave the rest of the decisions to Tong...

I don't think I can make any more decisions.
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:09 PM

Hi

Bangkok and Thailand is fun. My wife and I have been there a couple of times and we have ended up in the south on places like Krabi, Phuket, Samui etc. Bangkok is interesting indeed. If you want to see something weird check out the Museum of forensic history I have posted a trip report with some pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/thailand2002.htm by the way. Get in touch if you have any questions.

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Old May 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Gard,

I just looked at your trip report on your homepage. I am going to steal some of your ideas from there! It sounds like you had a lot of fun and did a lot of things that I would also be interested in doing.

In addition to Bangkok, we are going to Chaing Mai, Phuket and Phi Phi while in Thailand. I can't wait!

Thanks for everyone's help!