Reload this Page >

Help w/China visa

Search

Help w/China visa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 01:38 PM
Audrey

Help w/China visa

I have all of the paperwork filled out but I cannot access the site of the Embassy of China to get the mailing instructions in English. I know I have to send mine to the consulate in Chicago, but I do not know the charge for the mail service. Last year it was $5 I believe. I also believe they will not take a personal check. Would someone please translate the notes and help me out? <BR>Thanks in advance!!

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 08:47 PM
andrew

Suggest that you check out the Pacific Delight Tours web site. Under the Visa Form section on the sidebar, there are practical instructions on filling out a China visa, as well as a downloadable version of a China Visa application.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 07:21 AM
Audrey

Thank you for the reply Andrew but I do not wish to pay a company $25 per visa for doing what I can do myself. I just need the specific instructions for mailing the forms.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 07:09 PM
andrew

Here's another try ... check out the China National Tourist Office ... on their web site they have detailed instrucitons on how to prepare and submit your visa ... http://www.cnto.org/visa.htm. And yes, there is a $5 handling fee, and they do not accept a personal check. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 09:04 PM
JP

I am visiting China in 3 weeks. Used this site to get all the forms and instructions in English. <BR> <BR>http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/c2682.html

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 04:28 AM
audrey

The site is now working and I got the necessary information. Actually, I went to the consulate in San Francisco and that one was working. <BR>Thanks for everyone's help

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Mary

You may already have this info. Go to www.nyconsulate.prchina.org <BR>Easy instructions, money requirements and mailing instructions.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:21 AM
Eunice

I express mailed my visa application, etc., to the New York consulate. They refused it. Does anybody know why? Was it because it got there on Saturday? Was it because it didn't say "Passport & Visa Office," which was only recently added to the internet instructions? Should I just try adding "Passport & Visa Office" to the address and send it again, this time so it doesn't get there on Saturday? Please e-mail me if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:31 AM
Charlie

Eunice I don't know if this is still the case but when I got my visa last March the New York office was temporally not issueing visas due to 9/11. I had to use the Washington D.C.office. Audrey I agree with doing it yourself but resisted the urge because I worried about mailing my passport back and forth.