help choosing intrepid tour of india.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I hope someone can offer some information on choosing an Intrepid tour. My choices are classic rajasthan - delhi, agra, keoladeo bird sanctuary madhogarh ranthambhore np, bundi jaipur, pushkar, bijaipur in 15 days.

Or indian gourmet delhi, agra, peharsar, jaipur, bijaipur castle, udapur, ahmedabad, mumbai and goa, 15 days.

I have read on this site that Mumbai is not that good?? Do you think these tours are ok and which one would you recommend? Is Goa worth seeing or just another beach resort like some places in Thailand, Bali, Malaysia etc as I have done these to death.

Do you think there is enough time to see these places? How long do I need in Dehli, the tour offers 2 days, do I need more and is it safe enough for a single female?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've traveled on Intrepid trips, but not in India. If you do a search on this board you'll find a trip report from someone who went to India with them. Not sure what kind of advice you want.

There is more to Goa than just beaches, and it looks like your itinerary will include that. Only you can decide if you want a food-centered trip or not. I would prefer Unforgettable India to Classic Rajasthan if you need a 15-day trip, as it includes Varansi.
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Hi,Reece-
I took the Classic Rajasthan trip from Intrepid 18 months ago.I would highly recommend it.I had booked also the Unforgettable India,but left it in Orchha,about halfway through(long story!)You will have lots of opportunity to eat wonderful gourmet Indian food in Rajasthan,not to worry!
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:38 AM

I've been on two Intrepid trips - one was the Rajasthan trip which was wonderful. The real question is do you want to be pampered-protected on your own tourist bus on a gourmet trip or with the locals, but still guided with the Classic. I would suggest the classic.
My husband and I are leaving in two hours for Goa - on our own. Can't wait -India is my favorite country - inspiring, challenging, instructive and beautiful.
Namaste....
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 02:28 PM

the classic Rajasthan will be amazing! yet quite rushed.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 11:03 PM

Why don't you drop a line to [email protected] and he would call you before you shut your computer. These guys at Holiday India are not only fast but they are amazing. They will arrange what you want them to. I am a photographer and needed a 50 years old truck for a shoot. To my surprize they found out that there was 1 in Amritsar and the next day they took me there.

They are serving the niche travelers and I strongly recommend Holiday India to all.

Cheers
Roger & Emily
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 07:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would this be same trip as the one on which you had bypass surgery? Or the one with your wife and two kids? Advertising is not allowed on these forums.