Hello again

Dec 2nd, 2018, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Hello again

HI, am a wildlife lover, who posted regularly on Fodor a couple of years ago......well am going on a tiger safari again......4 nights Bandhavgarh and 3 nights kanha.....will keep posting my adventure,Sonali
Dec 2nd, 2018, 03:25 PM
Forum Moderator

Your two posts have been merged.
Dec 5th, 2018, 07:45 AM

Sonali—have a great adventure. I am so grateful to you for the advice you gave us 10 years ago to bring warm clothes for our trip to Bandhavgarh. We were comfortable while our Jeep mates froze. Hope you see tigers and not hundreds of school children.
Dec 6th, 2018, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

First day.... no sightings, pls pray for me marija, Sonali
Dec 6th, 2018, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Also where has everyone disappeared......so happy to see your post...
Sonali
Dec 6th, 2018, 07:24 AM

Everyone’s at Forums - Safaritalk. Is the sign that says “Remeber that even if you don’t see tiger, tiger sees you” still on the gate at Bandhavgarh? Hope both you and tiger see each other.
Dec 6th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a million....
Marija.....will register at the above website.....missing all the members......
Dec 6th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Going on another game drive.........wish me luck
Dec 12th, 2018, 03:35 AM

Looking forward to your posts. Have a great time!!
Dec 13th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Hello, travelingdeva, Am back home, and had good sightings at Bandhavgarh on my 6th and 7th game drive, then another drought in Kanha from the 8th to the 12th safari......never been so unlucky with tigers, Sonali
Dec 13th, 2018, 09:19 AM

Better luck next time
Dec 13th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Well, sure but something is wrong, well will think twice before I return to Kanha....would. Concentrate more on Ranthambor, Bandhavgarh and Tadoba in future, Sonali
Dec 13th, 2018, 01:21 PM

Contact member vp singh. He is Indian tour expert and Iím sure he could steer you in right direction
Dec 13th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Jacketwatch, the group I was in was great, I met some lovely people and the phographic company I was with was really good, we were 16 people in kanha and most of them had sightings in kanha, we had great driver guides,I guess I was unlucky, what I meant by something is wrong is that, there were alot less herbivores and also alot less calls from the jungle, the day we came to kanha it rained heavily twice, so all the pug marks were washed out......unseasonal rains were another reason, of not spotting, and the photography lectures were very good, other than sightings I had a great time with toehold.......Sonali
Dec 14th, 2018, 01:32 AM

a. Early December is not the best time to visit Kanha for a die-hard Tiger-wallah. The grasslands are too full and you will have noticed that the animals are completely immersed in these. Even a large animal like a swamp deer will show only it's antlers above the grass. The best time to arrive in Kanha is when the grass has died out, March onwards.
b. During the winters the movement of animals is not optimal.
c. Jungle calls are best heard after sunset when the carnivore start hunting. During the day these are resting in a secluded place away from glare. In any case, as one has of necessity to stay outside the park, the chances of hearing such calls is low.
d. On the positive, you will see animals in their rich winter coat!
Happy hunting!
Dec 14th, 2018, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Agreed Mr Singh, but I was fortunate to spot more than 10 different tigers in Bandhavgarh earlier in 2007 in December, so only 4 sightings this time was ok......I think it’s how the cubs were brought up.
The tigresses which have had cubs with BOKHA, are shy, while the ones sired by B2, like Barmera were bold, and so is his grandson, Bamera Son as they call him, he gave us great sightings, now the chakradhara litter is shy as is their mother, so most run away the moment they are sighted.

In Kanha 2006 feb, I spotted more then 10 tigers, so seeing none was sad this time, but it was December so again it was ok, nature is unpredictable......and we tried our best, so I don’t regret it.

Search this Thread