Halong Bay

Dec 1st, 2005, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Halong Bay

I am planning to go to Halong Bay 17 December for an overnight trip on a boat.

Does anyone know what weather conditions / temperature to expect?

Zoe
Dec 1st, 2005, 10:23 AM

halong bay can be cooler than other parts of northern vietnam...bring a lightweight water resistant jacket for the evenings, shorts and light weight long pants and a bathing suit..you should be fine. the boats have blankets and a/c so you should be ok.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 03:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks DiveDiva. That's really helpful
Dec 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM

I was there 2 weeks ago and divediva hit it right on target. I had a sweater and shorts and long pants and that is all I needed.
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:12 PM

Hi Malcomb. I see you made it home o.k. We got back late last night and are experiencing a 100 degree temperature change from Ho Chi Minh City to home. Yikes. It was nice to meet you. Guess we had a GTG and didn't even know it. Several of them actually.

We were there at the same time and the day we arrived in Hanoi was quite cold, but it then warmed up more and more each of the 5 days we were in the north and was quite warm and sunny on Halong Bay. Much to our surprise. We added up our days of rain and it was 12 of 18 days from Hanoi, to Hue, Hoi An, Saigon and Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. More later on hotels, restaurants etc after I recover from jet lag and can think. The dry season... None of it bothered us though. It actually added to the beauty in some cases and kept the high heat in check.