Guides in Ranthambore?

Jun 17th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Original Poster

Guides in Ranthambore?

My friends and I are going to do a "Golden Triangle" trip with 3 additional days at Ranthambore Park to see wildlife (may a tiger?) in early April. I have read different threads on this forum about the tiger safaris and the difference between the African and Indian safaris.I have also read trip reports regarding tiger safaris. I just wondered if I can request a specific guide through my TA in India at the park and if anyone has a recommendation for someone OR ,if this is even possible? We are going to stay at Nahargarh at Sawai Madhopur. We are reserving a Jeep as well.
Jun 18th, 2010, 12:03 AM

Unless it has changed in the last four years, seats and specific routes are awarded in a daily lottery. Its possible you might not even get a jeep for your tour, much less a specific one. I believe you can hire a guide to come along as part of your party, though the ones we had on our three rides were fine.
Jun 18th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Original Poster

I had read about the daily lottery of routes. I just didn't want to get a guide that wasn't experienced in the park. I have read reports of some that didn't seem to care if you saw other wildlife or not, just drove really fast through the park.
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM

Our jeeps came with both driver and guide. If you want another guide, you would put him down as one of your group and pay his entry fee as well as his personal fees.
Jun 18th, 2010, 10:06 PM

Ask your TA to provide you with a great guide & it shall be his duty to provide you with one, for he has charged you for it!
Jun 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to our trip.