Search

Gran via Hotel, Kyoto advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gran via Hotel, Kyoto advice needed.

Hi all,
Now that round one of my Japan trip is completed thanks to your help.IŽd like to get some advise regarding a Hotel selection in Kyoto.I was thinking about the GranVia Hotel at Kyoto Station.I could see they have no so nice rooms facing the Station.Is there any chance of getting a Standard Plus or Standard Room not facing the Station?
What about King or Queen Bed?.
Finally, any other nice choices for Kyoto on the same budget range?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:38 PM

Granvia floor Deluxe Doubles have the bigger beds. You can see all room information, including room size and bed size, on their Japanese web site...but not in Engliish. In English there is only description. Here's a link to the Granvia Floor rooms. http://www.granvia-kyoto.co.jp/stay/guest/deluxe/ Other room types are listed down the left side. You might use one of the online webpage translators to help you read the pages. Babelfish usually works.

I'm not sure what you mean by a Standard Plus room...they do not list that.

We will stay at the Hyatt in September...our rate is ¥31,000/night net including breakfast for two, upgrade on arrival if available, and ¥3500 food and beverage credit per room per stay for a Deluxe room. Guest room (their standard) is ¥25,000/night for our dates with the same benefits. This rate is a Virtuoso rate, bookable through a Virtuoso agent. It was the cheapest I could find and has good benefits as a bonus.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:34 AM
Original Poster

KimJapan thanks.
We are in Europe.How can I use the Virtuoso rate?.
I am checking in Aug 11th for 3 nights.The Hyatt is quite nice.Tried to book it trough Asiarooms,they went back to me with a higher price which I did consider as a ripoff.

IŽll try the Hyatt.

Thanks again for sharing your findings.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:23 AM

You just get in touch with a Virtuoso agent to get their rates. I'm in Japan, but I use an agent in California called Coastline Travel. You can learn about Virtuoso in general at www.virtuoso.com. I learned of the program on the Luxury Hotels board at www.flyertalk.com. You can contact Virtuoso to get a referral to an agent if you like by e-mailing to [email protected].

I have yet to see a hotel in Japan have better rates on a booking site than direct booking. For your dates, the rate on asiarooms.com is ¥2000/night higher than direct booking on hyatt.com, for same room, tax and breakfast included. I would see what a Virtuoso agent can do for you.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

KimJapan you are really helpful.Thanks again.

I am also rethinking the whole planning for my trip.
We arrive to Kyoto on Aug the 11th for 3 nights.Then to Hakone from Aug 14th to the 16th and finally to Tokyo from the 16th to the 20th.
Our choice for hotels are the Fujiya in Hakone and the Park Hotel in Tokyo.

We really appreciate your help.This is our Honeymoon trip and is very special for us.