Golf in Mae Hong Son

Sep 17th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Golf in Mae Hong Son

Anyone know if there are places to golf in Mae Hong Son? My husband is a golf addict, and if I want him to go anywhere with me then there has to be golf around somewhere. He wants to try to golf in every country he visits. I suppose it's a worthy ambition. I thought maybe I'd find a place for a massage or spa while he golfs. Anyone have a good spa they can recogmend. Thanks
Sep 17th, 2006, 04:45 PM

i doubt it....its pretty remote from all reports....i think the local people have all they can do to feed themselves without paying golf greens fees....
Sep 17th, 2006, 05:50 PM

As rhkkmk has said - there are no golf course around the Mae Hong Son area. If you're traveling through Chiangmai or Chiang Rai then there are some very good courses around those two towns.

Chiang Rai: Santiburi Country Club if very nice.

Chiangmai: Green Valley Country Club is the premier course in Chiangmai but the layout is very plain.

Lamphun: Chiangmai - Lamphun Golf Club has a good lay out. The two "Gassan" courses(haven't play there yet) are relatively new and has gotten good reviews.

If your husband is an avid golfer then perhaps a few days around Chiangmai, Lamphun and/or Chiang Rai will make him very happy.
Sep 17th, 2006, 05:52 PM

Here's a good web site to help you find courses and review around Thailand: http://www.tga.or.th/
Sep 17th, 2006, 10:28 PM

Santiburi is one of the best courses in all of Thailand (designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.. If your husband is an avid golfer, this course is not to be missed. And price is unbelievably low (as low as USD $25 during the week). Great course!

www.thaigolfer.com