golf Hua Hin

Oct 7th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

golf Hua Hin

Hi, my wife and I are going to Thailand on Jan. 21, and are looking at a pkg. for 43000 bht each staying at the Hilton for a week including 5 rounds of golf. Is this a good place to stay? also is there a place at the new BKK airport where we could leave our clubs or would we be better off renting clubs there?...Thanks....er
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:52 PM

i do not like the hotel personally....have never stayed there but have visited there....it is in a fantastic location, right in the middle of the town, but that is about all i think it has going for it...

try the hyatt or marriott or sofitel or anantara and see if they have any golf packages---all far nicer hotels
Oct 8th, 2006, 08:59 AM

I agree with Bob, I really don't like the Hilton. There are such lovely places to stay in Hua Hin, opt for one of the much better places (and the price won't be much different). I like all of those places Bob listed. I doubt that you are getting a great deal on the package. You'd do just as well (or better) to choose your hotel and do the golf separately.

You can store luggage at the Bangkok Airport. It will cost a bit over US$2 per day per item.
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:12 PM

The Sofitel is much better than the Hilton. I would book at the Sofitel and just arrange the golf separately. I think you might end up saving money as well.
Oct 8th, 2006, 09:11 PM

Golf for the two of you should be no more than $100-$150/day. Agree the Sofitel is a really nice hotel.
Oct 9th, 2006, 04:11 AM

The Hilton would be between 6,000 and 7,800 depending on whether standard or Gulf room, that would be for 2, unless you rae getting a huge saving on green fees dows not seem to be much point doing a package.
The Hilton is a high rise tower, although on the water you need to walk down to the Sofitel to get any real beach, not my idea of a resort, Sofitel is nice plus plenty of others such as the Hyatt Regency, Wora Bura, Anantara plus those towards Cha Am such as the Dusit etc.
Weekends very busy on the courses and green fees higher.

Search this Thread