Goa to Varanasi

Oct 19th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Goa to Varanasi

Is there any easy way to get from Goa to Varanasi? After checking Air Sahara, Spice Jet, Jet Airways, etc., it looks like we have to fly back to Delhi, and spend the night before catching the next flight to Varanasi. Thanks so much.
Oct 20th, 2005, 03:20 AM

You could also look into flying Goa-Mumbai then taking a train to Varanasi direct if you are open to a train.
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:10 AM
AKSYDAISY

I think the train from Goa to Delhi goes via Varanasi or very close to it adn might be a cheaper adn less tiring option. In terms of travel time, travelling to Delhi and staying the night and then taking another flight will probably be the same time as just directly taking the train, but check on www.indianrailways.org for tickets and train timings and you can probably know better.
Have a great trip.

Oct 21st, 2005, 05:53 AM

gOA to Varanasi! What an intersting route! From beach paradise to the otherworld. Varansi is certainly one of the most fascinating places in iNDIA, if not the planet! Anyways, that is not a common route, and Varanasi does not have that many air connections these days. Even the routes to KTM have been seriously in jeopordy. Anyways, from my knowledge yes, if you want to do it by flight, you are going to have to route yourself via Delhi. I am not sure of flight timings, but yes, most flight from Delhi to Varanasi are early ones, so may be hard to connect directly from Goa, (i can check it for you if you want) and yes, u may very well-need to night over in Delhi. Another option is to fly to Delhi and then take the night train to Varanasi. Now that is an experince!~
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:56 AM

You may take a train from Mumbai & save a couple of hundred $, but then you shall be spending nearly 30 hours on rail. The train passes through the heart of India, the hinterland eternally hidden from the tourists eyes. You can detrain at Satna & take a cab to Khajraho & incase you happen to travel in the last week of Feb. the Khajuraho Dance festival, in the backdrop of those erotic temple images is a must see, before continuing further on to Varanasi. The trains do not run daily.