Goa to Mumbai by Sea?

Search

Goa to Mumbai by Sea?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goa to Mumbai by Sea?

Have opted for 10 days in India in Nov instead of 10 days in Europe in Sept - easy choice really! Going to relax this time so sadly no travelling as not enough time.

Have booked return flights to Mumbai and am now looking to get to/from Goa. Would like to fly to Goa and return to Mumbai by sea catamaran.

Have found Sam Link on the web - has anyone done this journey? If so, what is the best way to book - direct or via an agent? As always, any feedback would be gratefully received. Many thanks - VHS.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

I guess no one has done this journey.

I have e-mailed an Indian agent and Sam Link direct but no response from either. Unless anyone knows any different I will have to go ahead and book return flights Mumbai/Goa.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did Mumbai to Goa, not the other direction, but by train.
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 01:26 PM

Looks like you got us stumped on this one! Probably most tourists don't have the time to go by boat so it hasn't been explored as an option.

Once you get to Goa, you may find out more about doing it this way for NEXT time. There may be commercial vessels going up the coastline that you might be able to catch a ride on, but you'd probably be living among the crew as one of them. You can visit the shipping office while in Mumbai too before you go down to Goa. More likely they will have offices in Mumbai.

Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Yes well & truly stumped!

Have now booked flights via Air India but for future reference I will check it out as a travel option when I get there. Thanks.
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 04:26 PM

There was a ferry a few years ago but no more. there is the new Konkan railway which is spectacular and new.
Last Sept. we flew which was cheap and fast on the new efficient Indian airline companies like Kingfisher, Deccan,Spicejet etc.