Search

Goa Beach Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goa Beach Hotel

Hello!

My uncle goes to Goa, India in August for a couple of weeks and would like to stay in a hotel, located within a kilometre of the beach (he loves diving, jet skiing, etc). If anyone has been to Goa, please, help with your suggestions.
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 11:14 PM

Hi...Goa has a staggering variety of hotels from shacks to 5 stars, a lot of them around beaches. Word of advice, August is monsoon time in Goa and the sea is extremely unsafe and infested with stinging blue bottle jellyfish. Not a very pleasant thought at all. From June to September...no beach shacks/bars/restaurants will be open either, you will find all hotels giving you the best low season rates though!
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 01:07 AM

As Sonik said, August is monsoon time. However, I am finding that more and more people are going out at that time. Be prepared for no shacks open and its best to go to a resort which is more developed( and one you may not particularly choose to go to in peak season). Have a look at holidaytruths for an idea of where he might like.
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 09:50 PM

Hi, there are lots of hotels along the coast, all close to the beach. He has to pick if he wants to stay in the north, or the south. The southern stretch has more resorts, mostly self-contained, inclusive resorts like the Leela's, Taj Exotica, Raddison, etc. These might be a better bet in August, because its the middle of the monsoon season like others have mentioned. I also would warn him about venturing into the ocean, the seas are notoriously rough that time of the year.
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 09:32 AM

South Goa has a Club Mahindra hotel...located a short walk (<half mile) from the beach...its clean, less crowded, efficient and in the 2-3 star range. Close to this is the Leela Goa which has great rooms located around artficial canals and offers jet-skiing and parasailing; diving depends on the monsoon and water clarity at that time.
In general south goa beaches are less crowded/touristy than the north. And if he likes rain, the monsoons in goa are beautiful too.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 10:57 PM
nav

We stayed at an excellent place in Goa called Fort Aguada resort. Check out a site called Travel India Smart it has some great tips and loads of information for tourists visiting India.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM
nav

I found the website address of the Travel site I mentioned in my reply. Their web address is http://www.travelindiasmart.com
I hope you find the information you are looking for. Good luck with your visit.