COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

EVA Air to Bangkok

Old Sep 16th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

EVA Air to Bangkok

I will be flying EVA Air to Bangkok from LA in April, 2004. Would like to hear from people who have flown EVA on this route and/or have experienced their Deluxe Class. I have read somewhere that the seating is "2-3-2" across and there is extra legroom in this class. How was the service/food? Am looking for a seat map for EVA Air flights- its not on their website. Does anyone know where to find it?
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 05:16 AM

BillT,

Look again, Evaair.com does have seat maps of all the planes on their website.

Van't help you with a personal knowledge of the airline, but I do hear good things. Wise choice to go with the Deluxe Class on such a long trip.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Yes I found them - but it took a lot of digging- they need to make it easier to find- its buried under Corporate profile!!!! The fare I got from the travel agent is only $55 more that the cheapest fare I was able to find out there in the internet (ones that gave me FF miles!)And this is for Deluxe Class at that!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 09:41 AM

I was put on EVA from Taipei to LAX by Singapore Airlines when their flight was going to be too delayed to make my connection in LA. I had never heard of them before so I was not expecting much. I had business class on Singapore and was put in business class on EVA. I don't remember if it was called Deluxe Class or not. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with the excellent service from the flight attendants and as I recall the food was quite good as well. I remember that the seats were not quite as comfortable as on Singapore, but they still were good enough for me to catch a short nap after eating, and I made my connection in LA. You should enjoy your trip on EVA.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 09:51 AM

The "Economy Deluxe" seats on EVA are quite nice. More recline then the regular economy with more leg room. Personal TV for every seat.

EVA was the first to offer this class back in the mid 90s. The ticket price is usually 20 - 30 percent higher than those of economy class.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 02:55 PM

Just to add my praise for 'Deluxe' Class, great. On a long haul I appreciate the extra room but don't want to pay Business Class fare nor need 'that' level of service.
Excellent!