singapore air - exec economy

Old Dec 9th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

singapore air - exec economy

Has anyone traveled on "executive economy" (particularly Newark - SIN) and could comment? Thanks!
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 01:23 PM

I'll be on the EWR-SIN flight in less than 2 weeks. Do they give out amenities-like the eye shades? What about toothbrush and toothpaste?
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 01:27 PM

My husband and I traveled EWR to SIN January 2006 in executive economy -entire plane is either Raffles (business class) or executive economy. We liked it and the service was wonderful. Seats are slightly wider with extra legroom and recline more than the usual economy seat. I particularly liked the adjustable leg and foot rests as well as the adjustable headrest. Make no mistake, executive economy is not business class however. Those seats really recline! The food was good and frequent plus you could go back to the lounge area for snacks and beverages any time you wanted. There is a wide choice of entertainment options and the 18 1/2 hours went much quicker that I expected. We did manage to sleep a fair amount since it is a late flight. We felt it was a good alternative to the very expensive Raffles class. In fact, we liked executive economy so much that we booked this class again for January 2007. We'll be leaving in about a month and doing the Singapore Stopover again also!
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 01:35 PM

Amenities included socks, toothbrush and toothpaste. Other toiletries like hand lotion, combs and razors were in the lavatories. I don't think there was an eyeshade.
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 08:42 AM

We flew exec economy to Sin in Sept.
No eyeshades provided.

Very attentive service. Amenities as described above. Video on demand was a nice touch.

I'm 6'2" and found seats acceptable, much better than economy but as jrseager says not the same as business class. However, the $3,500 difference between EE to BC is substantial.

On flights of this length, ear plugs and noise cancelling headphones are very beneficial and I find reduce fatigue.
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! There are some good fares on line at SingaporeAir and Kayak.com