Euro-hotels.com

Aug 11th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Euro-hotels.com

How reliable is euro-hotels.com? I see that it is a sister site of asia-hotels.com. The rates they offer for hotels in Switzerland are extremely good.

Aug 11th, 2005, 03:39 PM

They are all a part of hotels.com - a worldwide site.
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

But if I go to hotels.com and enter the same dates for the same city, I get different rates; Euro-hotels rates are much better.

Aug 11th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Craig, I just checked. Euro-hotels.com re-directs to http://www.hotelclub.net and NOT to http://www.hotels.com.

To give you a specific example, the rate quoted for my dates on euro-hotels.com for Swissotel in Zurich is $166 whereas on hotels.com it is $273 !

Aug 11th, 2005, 03:53 PM

I don't think asiahotels.com is part of hotels.com. Asiahotels.com is based I believe in Hong Kong and is owned by a different company than hotels.com. I think the former started out with just hotels in Asia and gradually added other areas. Of course, I could be wrong but this has been my understanding.
Aug 11th, 2005, 04:12 PM

Hmmm, I was just basing my opinion on the style of the websites - it seems that euro-hotels and asiahotels are very similar in format. Hotels.com has a porter in the logo but he looks different from the other two sites. I did compare hotels.com with asiahotels.com at one time and they were similar but business relationships change. I apologize for not doing more research before posting my opinion.
Aug 11th, 2005, 04:14 PM

No need to apologize!
Aug 11th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Craig, you are right - business associations change. You will find that for some markets asiahotels and eurohotels give rates that can't be beat. In other markets hotels.com comes out ahead. I guess there is no substitute for spending time researching one's options.

Back to my original query, since asiahotels.com is a proven site, I think it is safe to assume that so is euro-hotels.com. Or am I missing something?

r
Aug 11th, 2005, 04:46 PM

euro-hotels.com is part of the same company as asiahotels.com so I would think they are reliable. I've used asiahotels.com many times in the past and have always been satisfied with their prices and service and I should think the same would be true for their european version. If you read their little blurb under "about us" you will find that euro-hotels grew out of asiahotels because of increasing demand from their customers to supply this service for other parts of the world.
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:24 PM

Hotelcub is an Australian based operator.