Custom Vietnam Travel Recommendation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2018, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to recommendations on the Fodor Forums, I contacted Susan Nguyen of Custom Travel Vietnam to create the first three days of my two-week trip to Vietnam. Susan planned and executed three wonderful days in the northern mountain region to launch my visit. From the first introduction, I knew that my delightful guide Lam and driver K. were completely dedicated to making my trip special. Lam is a natural born guide--he seemed to be having as much fun as I was. He answered all my questions, made lots of small changes along the way to accommodate my interests, and best of all, helped me connect to the people and places along our route. My driver K. handled a long, arduous route under less than perfect road conditions with total competence. He was always on the lookout for photo opps and seemed happy to make surprise stops so I could jump out to capture special moments--like a wedding pig roast by the side of the road. They gave my trip a depth that I could never have achieved on my own. We spent Christmas Eve together in Ouyana Son village having a delicious hot pot meal prepared by another Custom Travel guide/driver pair with their three Aussie travelers, and our homestay hosts. I will never forget it.

I cannot say enough about Custom Travel. You can book with confidence.
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hucksmom, thanks for your report and feedback.

Having happily used Susan's help at Custom Vietnam Travel, I'm glad to read you too had a great experience! Other post-ers on the Asia forum also used the company and were pleased --Susiesan and RJBriskin (who also wrote a trip report) come to mind.
CVT is a small Hanoi-based company. I found everyone excellent and professional, as Susan assisted to plan out a great trip, in both frequently- touristed and remote areas. Judging from reviews on tripadvisor as well as here, Smiley, the owner who was a highly recommended VN tour guide before starting his own company, is achieving his goal of helping people love his country.