Hanoi Mid-Range Hotel Recommendations

Dec 30th, 2017, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Hanoi Mid-Range Hotel Recommendations

We're (2 people, mid 20s) looking for a hotel for two nights in January. I'm having trouble making sense of all of the options... there are so many hotels with similar names, few reviews or lots of reviews but all 5 star which makes me suspicious. We are looking to stay close to the Old Quarter, spend around $30-50 a night, and would ideally like a hotel that will arrange a shuttle to pick us up at the airport. These will be our first nights in Vietnam so a quiet room with windows would be a plus, but it seems like no windows is pretty common. Don't need anything fancy, just clean with a good location. What would you recommend? Links/addresses are extra helpful given the amount of hotels that share very similar names.
Dec 30th, 2017, 11:53 PM

We thoroughly enjoyed 3B Homestay, at the northern end of the Old Quarter, also ideal for the Airport.

Young, smart, english speaking staff. Excellent buffet breakfast included.

Lily runs the tour desk, and is excellent.

Our room didn't have a window, but it was clean and quiet. Beware anywhere with windows unless you're convinced that they keep out the noise.

Have a look at the reviews on Booking.com

Hanoi Airport is excellent, modern, and we quickly got through the formalities. As we arrived after dark we arranged with 3B Homestay for a taxi which worked out fine. Also changed money just as you leave the Terminal, the rate was v.slightly less than in town. We got back to the Airport by bus.
Dec 30th, 2017, 11:58 PM

Here's the reviews of 3B on Trip Advisor...
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...tay-Hanoi.html
It's not The Ritz, but value for money it's much better.
Dec 31st, 2017, 12:41 AM

Sorry.....me again.

If you are interested in 3B, then I booked direct on the Homestay's website...

http://www.hanoi3bhomestay.com/

I got immediate confirmation by e-mail, and was then able to communicate direct with the Tour Desk [Lily] to sort out a Airport pick-up, and any other queries.

One tip. Insist in paying in dong wherever you stay.
Jan 9th, 2018, 02:08 PM

You may have left already, but we really enjoyed the Hanoi Guest house, around $34 a night. There are a couple of them I think, we were at the one on MaMay Street in old town. Great restaurants walking distance, walk to the lake etc. The staff were great. We used it as a base and stayed three separate times, leaving luggage while away.
Jan 9th, 2018, 02:09 PM

also, we arranged pick up with the hotel to be at airport each time we came back.