Save as much as possible in Hanoi

Old Aug 15th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Save as much as possible in Hanoi

I’m having a plan to visit Hanoi this October. I’m a student and this is the first time I travel alone with some money I saved from part-time job. I’ve heard that everything in Vietnam is kinda cheap. Is it possible to find a hotel, or guesshouse with less than $20/night? Please give me some tips of experience to save as much as possible, so that I can experience longer. Anything will do.

Thank you very much.
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 07:07 PM

You can find Double room with only 15 $ around the old quarter. so many, If you would like I can recommend to you some hotels with that price
Taxi from the airport to center costs 15$ too, or can order minibus of Vietnam airlines with 2$ ( I am not sure but around )and arrive to Quang Trung street then taxi to your hotel.
For free visiting to Hanoi city, Hanoi kids provides many free student guides
From Hanoi cneter, you can travel to many close place like Halong Bay ( 1 day, 2 days, 3 days ), Perfume pagoda 1 day, Halu - Tam Coc 1 day, Sapa Trekking by bus or train From 2 days up
Old Aug 17th, 2015, 06:57 PM

It’s not hard to find a hotel with less than $20/night. But I’m not sure about service quality. Most of budget hotel are small and very noisy. The staffs are friendly but not very professional (some of them can’t speak English). Their breakfast is acceptable. I think it’s ok if you just want to get experience, not a relaxing holiday.
Old Aug 19th, 2015, 08:09 PM

With $20 per night maybe you can consider a homestay? I stayed here during my trip https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6705883 and although it was not too close to the city center, I could borrow a bicycle from the landlady and ride to West lake, which was a nice spot and local's favorite.
I have also booked here a free motorbike tour: https://www.facebook.com/hanoimotorbikecitytour?fref=ts
These guys are running a Hanoi Motorbike city tour project and need feedbacks from guests, which is why they are offering free rides to travellers for a certain period of time. I'm not sure if they're still offering this free option (at least they sill did last week), but anyway the tour price was surprisingly low compared to other tour companies. I took a half-day tour at only $19. Great fun!
Old Aug 22nd, 2015, 10:49 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
https://www.airbnb.com/s/Hanoi--Viet...ss_id=niq0q9ub
Old Aug 22nd, 2015, 01:21 PM

There are plenty of decent places to stay in Hanoi for