Compass Tours?

Search

Compass Tours?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compass Tours?

We used Compass Tours (at the recommendation of many Fodorites) for a trip to Rajasthan last year. We are wondering if anyone has used Compass to make arrangements for a trip in Southern India? We gather that this is not the region they know best, but would love feedback from anyone who has used them to plan a trip to the South.

Alternatively, are there any other local Indian operators who people have used and liked for Southern India?

Thanks!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 12:31 AM

Most medium and small Indian tour operators can be good in their own areas, and then sub-contract to local businesses for beyond those areas. The best of this group have a good system of checking on their contractors, but most is done by emails and so-on, with the main office not really in touch with a connection between what you want and what is being provided.
I have travelled in the south, and could help you with an itinerary, and suggest a suitable operator.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

FanofIndia - thank you for your reply. If you have worked with a good operator in southern India we would be grateful if you'd share the name(s). Many thanks for your help!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 09:30 AM

I believe there is a fellow fodorite who mentioned they were a manager or tour operator in India. I believe it was Bonita, but i could be mistaken.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Hi, <[email protected]> is a Delhi-based company, but one of their staff has set up in his home-area in the south. I have travelled in the area, so if you would like any suggestionsfor an itinerary, I am only too glad to help. I want every visitor to return home with a great experience to remember.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM

have a look at www.travelvirus.com for the trip.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 11:56 AM

Hello Winter! Namaste and Greetings from India. We meet again..
I see you are finally planning your South Trip, alas.

Do be in touch, as I know the South very well, one of my favorite regions in India and surely know some excellent and very reputable Operators with a big and direct pressence in the South. I would be happy to help u craft a itineary and connect you with excellent folks for the logistics.

And yes Evangelina, i do lead/manage many tours of India< North and South, and know people all over the Country. One of the prefered folks i deal with for my programs are based in Delhi but have direct branch offices all over South India too like Mumbai, Goa, Cochi, Chennai, etc, etc to name a few..

Oh, by the way, I just arrived back to Delhi today and am of on the road with group tommorow for two weeks. Anyways, anyone planning to come to India, North or South feel free to be in touch at [email protected] I am a American living/working in the region! Happy to help!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 12:12 PM

Oh winter, I forgot to mention. I am actually helping a few Fodorites put together custom-designed trips to the South as we speak, incorporating States such as Goa, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.. And again, all things are perfectly orchestrated/coordinated via direct local offices en route througout the region!

If you would like to see some of the sample trip ideas/itineraries i am crafting, i would be happy to send them to YOU! let me know. Namaste!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the input thus far! Bonita -- we'd love to hear about the southern itineraries that you have been suggesting to other Fodorites. Will send you an email right away....