Sky Bar VS Baiyoke Tower view

Old Oct 27th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sky Bar VS Baiyoke Tower view

Dear fodorite,

From the forum, i see a lot of people writting on Sky Bar at the State Tower stating how inpressive it is. How about the view at the Baiyoke Sky Tower? I heard there is also a bar at the 84th floor of the hotel. Please give some comment on this.

Regards,
claran
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 04:59 AM

I don't know about the State Tower, but the Baiyoke Sky Hotel is in the middle of town (back of the Indra Regent hotel)and is 92 floors high with a good observation deck and in theory you can see to the horizon in all directions. In practise there are few days that clear and distant smog will limit your view.
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 05:30 AM

i have read some less than complimentary things about bayoike tower, especially the restaurant....i have also read that some of the windows are clouded..

state tower has an outdoor ovservation area, actually its bar and restaurant, so it is not just an observation place....you also have to be nicely dressed to go there....it is worth the experience....because it is near the river, you get a great view of the river as well and a view in all directions....we saw an approaching thunder storm which was quite spectacular...
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 06:52 AM

I haven't been to the Baiyoke Sky Tower but I was at the Sky Bar at the State Tower in Feb. and it was fabulous!!

It is open air and so much cooler up there than it is on the streets below! The view is spectacular.

As Bob said, there is a dress code and they enforce it. If you get turned back you can have a drink at the inside bar.

Cheers!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the comments. Should be heading to the Sky Bar at State Tower. Sound more stunning with open air bar and spectular view of both land and water.

For the dress code that you guys are talking about, could you please elaborate it and be more specific. I will be going there with my girlfriend and we only plan to have a drink at the bar. For guy, i presume that we need to wear a collar shirt and for the lady, it is a must to wear a skirt? Is jean ok for both sex? Is a sneaker ok?
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 05:45 PM

claran, yes the bar area at night is spectacular. A friend of mine ( Thai )went with his very pregnant wife who was wearing sneakers for comfort and they turned her away. Otherwise smart casual seems ok. Have fun!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 07:40 PM

Dress Code:

Our dress code is an important tradition at Sirocco Restaurant and Sky Bar. We appreciate the appropriate attire and footwear in our restaurant and bar area, Please refrain from wearing Sports or beach sandals (For gentlemen shoes should be covered), athletic or sport uniforms, ripped clothing, shorts for gentleman, sleeveless t-shirts for gentlemen.