Christmas light up in Singapore

Nov 9th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Christmas light up in Singapore

taken off visitsingapore.com

Christmas Light-Up
12 November 2005 - 2 January 2006
From Orchard Road to Marina Bay

Stroll under the colourful dazzling lights. Steal moments with the luminous festive decorations around you. Enjoy the vibrant entertainment everywhere. Along this enchanted shopping belt, you will be captivated with the joyous celebrations around you. Now in its 22nd year, the Christmas Light-Up is a glittering tradition; it is an annual visual spectacle that brings magic to the island.

Step into everyone’s favourite shopping strip, Orchard Road, where you will be swept into a fantastic tropical world filled and imbued with mystery, magic and delight. Themed Wonderland: A Musical Kaleidoscope, turn around every corner and be thrilled by the glittering displays brought to life in swirls of colours and sounds.

Winterland: Dreaming of A White Christmas is a haven of flickering and sparkling stars, night skies and children’s laughter, all sprinkled together and strewn into the air. Open your eyes wide as you immerse yourself in this exquisite atmosphere at Marina Bay!

Nov 9th, 2005, 05:40 PM

cool, I'll be down there from dec 30 threw jan 2.

what's the winter wonderland and children's gleeful laughter all about.

Nov 9th, 2005, 05:42 PM

Thanks for posting this, KM!

We're staying in Marina Bay Dec 31 so looking forward to seeing it all lit up. I've developed a liking to Singapore because it's a cheap gateway for us, from Oz. All the best.
Nov 9th, 2005, 06:03 PM

I've never seen anyplace with such over the top Christmas decorations as SIngapore!
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:36 PM

Orgy, we went there for a few days before Christmas and it was 'brilliant', the lights on Orchard Road were excellent and we had a great time for a few days, it is such a contrast, I always like Singapore for a couple of days and just around Christmas is a great time to go.
Nov 10th, 2005, 12:09 AM

Can't wait. I will be in SP from the 18th so really looking forward to seeing those lights.
Thanks for the info
Nov 10th, 2005, 03:14 AM

The one time I was in Singapore it was over christmas and I must say the decorations were the most lavish, over the top I have ever seen anywhere.
Nov 10th, 2005, 04:01 PM

If you are coming here to see the Christmas Light Up, then you should definitely wait until it's good and dark to do your stroll. I drove down Orchard Rd yesterday afternoon and I must say, it's a bit of a mess by day.
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Must be the lights are still being put up. Officially starts from tomorrow.
Nov 11th, 2005, 09:10 AM
DAX

I was dreading going to Singapore next week but this posting adds some cheer to my day. At least I'll have something dazzling to see. I hope it won't be like Vegas. In any case KMloke, you're doing a great job promoting Singapore tourism.
Nov 11th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Vegas is subdued in comparison.
Nov 11th, 2005, 11:12 AM
DAX

Should I bring my xtra dark sunglasses then?