Spa treatments

Search

Spa treatments

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spa treatments

I would like to go to a spa in Bangkok and/or Chiang Mai while I am there, but I've never been to a spa before. I'm wondering what others' experiences have been at a spa that made it enjoyable and what treatment (massage/wrap/scrub/other) did you have?
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 09:50 AM

Spa is ovve of the wonderful things in Thailand. I've done lots of different spa treatments in Thailand. Here's a sample fron my recent trip:

Face Spa, Bangkok, nice place with teak treatment rooms, very atmospheric. Prices very reasonable. We like the body scrub/massage combo (though we've also done the facial/massage combo). You get a choice of body scrubs, then you shower, then you get a massge, your choice of Thai/sports, hot compress, or aromatherapy oil massage.

In CM, we visited both Oasis and Legends spas. Take a look at my trip report from last week for more detail on those.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Do they have evening hours? I'm thinking that the best time to try these out is after walking around all day. Sightseeing, shopping, nice dinner, relaxing spa visit, zzzzzzzz.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM

Spas are generally open into the evening. It's my habit to go to a spa just about every day while on holiday. For me, before dinner is best. I find that it's a great way to wind down from the day, my husband and daughter get some pool time together. I also find that having any sort of spa treatment on a full stomach is not nearly as nice as if you are not full, so I never go after dinner.

Old Dec 5th, 2006, 02:34 PM

Massages are a great way to get the kinks out after flying to Thailand. Remember, it's impossible to have too many massages. I know, I try each time I'm there.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 05:22 PM

Gpands and I agree on that. We were so busy this trip that we only had spa treatments 4 times. Terrible! We promise to do better next time. (oh, wait, do we have to count the pedicures? If so, then 6 times each... still, we could do better!)
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 04:17 AM

We are staying at the Centre Point Silom. We arrive in BKK in the morning and perhaps would like to go to a spa that afternoon to get the kinks out after the long flight. Is there a spa close to the Centre Point. With 2 teenagers I thought it would be nice to go to a spa rather than have the massage in the room.