Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Chang Mai Hotel - no answer from Baan Orapin?

Nov 11th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

I e-mailed Baan Orapin about 10 days ago to enquire about room availability Dec 5 for a few days, and they e-mailed me back the next day to say they had rooms available, and that I was to e-mail them back to confirm the room. I did so (twice in the last week) and I still haven't heard anything from them. Has anybody else had this experience? Do they just check their e-mail once in a while, and I just lucked out the first time? If I don't hear back from them soon, can anybody recommend another hotel?
Nov 11th, 2005, 11:00 PM

hello there,try THE IMPERIAL MAE PING,is excelent
Nov 11th, 2005, 11:59 PM

When I tried to book Baan Orapin for this December, sometimes they replied right away, sometimes a week later. In the end, they were not available for the time we needed, so we have booked elsewhere. Yaang Come Village for one night, and outside of Chiang Mai in the Mae Sa Valley for another 4 nights, and 2 nights in between for elephant camp.

Yaang Come Village looks stunning, and Divediva recently did a tour of the place and reported back here...you can search and find the post I'm sure. There are lots of choices, actually, and sawadee.com and its related booking sites have a nice list you can browse easily through. There are a few more places I corresponded with, but my brain can't think of their names and I've deleted the mails from my account...sorry. I do think that they've all been mentioned here though.
Nov 11th, 2005, 11:59 PM

I would just give them a call, remember time difference, Chiang Mai is UTC+7 hrs, so if you call them when it's about 10.00 am their time you should get hold of the owner.
Nov 12th, 2005, 12:03 AM

In additon to Tang Come there are lots of other places depending on what budget you want, try this and you can check reviews but depending on type of place you want the Yaang Come is an option, if you want a standard 3 star then Rydges Tapae is good value, for lower cost value close to Night Marjet the Suriwongse is a value for money place but still a/con, if you don't mind being a bit out of the center then Novotel is great value for the price.

www.chiang-mai-hotels.itgo.com gives you idea, lots of photos etc. Or go to www.huahin.20m.com, goes thru same local systems and they get back very quick and no commitment to any place until they confirm rooms are ok, only then do you need to pay any deposit and then balance a few weeks before you arrive.
But if you are looking for a nice comfy guesthouse and like the idea of B/orapin and they have said rooms available maybe just give them that call.
Nov 12th, 2005, 02:19 AM

If they said they have rooms available I would assume you're booked but to play it safe I would call. Sometimes emails don't go through for some reason. If they're not available I would try Yang Come Village.bT
Nov 12th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everybody. We phoned Baan Orapin and everything is fine - we are confirmed. Gloria, you were correct - they didn't recieve our last e-mails?