car and driver for trips outside Manila

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know where I can hire a car and driver for trips outside Manila ? specifically from Cabanatuan to Manila, Manila to and from Infanta, Quezon (overnight trip), and also overnight Manila to Laguna and back. I believe those places are no more than 3 hours away. Thanks.
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 04:13 AM

We have a relative in Manila who is in the travel business. Her name is Myrna Casas and her email is below. Tell her Uncle Bill from Houston referred you and you will get the help you need.

[email protected]
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 04:22 AM

Cabanatuan was the site of the greatest rescue mission of WWII where special forces rescued 500 prisoners of war from the Japanese. There was a movie about it called the Great Raid and also a book. It was quite a feat!
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

thanks, BillT. I'll check them out for driver and I'll find a video copy of that movie.
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 05:54 AM

my family and i just returned from a 16-day GREAT vacation in manila..
we had a GREAT driver..
his name is Darius, and he charges 3,000 pesos/day plus diesel gas, tolls & parking at malls/shops etc.

he drives a 12 passenger van (can fit 12, but 10 comfortably-- there were 8 adults, 2 babies in my group, including the driver)

3,000 pesos, that's about $75/day (exchange rate when i left was $40.50 Philippine Pesos PHP to $1 US Dollar) ..
our gas varied on where we went.. we took one overnight trip..
a full tank of diesel gas was anywhere from 1,000 pesos to 1,200 pesos -- that's $30 a tank

bear in mind that when you hire at the airport.. they only work for 10 hours a day, and their rates are higher to compensate for the over head..
i researched drivers and the average is about 3,500- 4,500 pesos/day, depending on whether or not diesel is included.. and how many hours the driver works.
**ALSO bear in mind that avg charge for a driver to PICK UP and DROP OFF from the airport to hotel is 2,500 pesos alone, one way..
3,000/ day was worth it.

Darius was recommended by a family member.. and he was awesome!. very flexible, very accomodating.. we left him a good tip!

our total expenses (excluding the 3,000 pesos/day rental) was $190 TOTAL for the full 16 days... this was for gas (filled up 5x)... 1 overnight stay in Tagaytay... and parking and tolls..
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!!

email me directly .. i can answer more specific questions..
[email protected]