Booking Deposit with Sergeant Kai

Aug 17th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Booking Deposit with Sergeant Kai

We have booked Sergeant Kai for two days in November. He just emailed me a form and wants me to make a deposit for two days of touring with him. I am a bit nervous about emailing my credit card information to somebody I don't know in Thailand. Has anybody else had to do this? Did it work out ok? We have had our credit card number stolen twice in the last year so I am quite nervous about giving the number out.
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:30 AM

Usually, forms for credit card info are either secure web forms (https) or a form for you to print and fax. It is common for agencies in Asia to ask for a copy of both sides of your credit card as well.

You should **never** email a credit card number, as email is not secure.
Aug 17th, 2007, 06:45 AM

as kathie says this is common....you could probably also fax it to him
Aug 17th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. I guess that I can fax the information to him. I just wanted to make sure that this is a common procedure. Having been the victim of credit card fraud twice in the last year has made us very concerned about this kind of stuff.
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:31 AM

dianemom,

As Kathie said never give your cc in an email. You have to question the persons integrity asking you for it in an email, imho.

I personally would not prepay a guide in Thailand, period. There are so many there why take a chance. SK is not that great to require a pre pay IMHO. No guide mentioned on this forum is worth a pre pay sight unseen......maybe Ponheary.

Aloha!
Aug 25th, 2007, 06:33 PM

Sgt. Kai asked for my credit card # but this was only to secure the first nights lodging in case I was a no show. No charges have been put on my credit card.We have him reserved for October 27-November 1st.I felt OK doing this-Chris
Aug 26th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

We ended up faxing our info and we are all set for two days of touring with Sergeant Kai. I am really looking forward to our trip. Thanks for the help with this!

Search this Thread