bombay shopping

Search

bombay shopping

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bombay shopping

will be in bombay for two days most likely during my planned trip to india. mostly will be at the gold triangle and new dehli. Wish info regarding shopping in bombay as well. How does it differ from that of new dehli. Partricarly for female cottom tops, jewelry.
Old May 7th, 2011, 06:39 AM

I was in Bombay 2 years ago and did fantastic shopping.
Try this place:
http://www.designerstudio.co.in/

Ask for the owner/designer Sherry Singh. She has Indian inspired clothes made in a western style as well as traditional Indian sarees and shawal kamiz.

In the Bandra area, go the the Santacruz market and roam inside the alleys. Lots of cotton tops and costume jewelry.
Ask for the famous sandwich place to go to for lunch/snack. It is delicious, safe and clean.

If you want modern sarees go to
http://www.satyapaul.com/satyapaul/s...MEN__Y___11951

He has very modern sarees that is wearable as a saree or to be used as fabric for a beautiful dress/gown.
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

thanks. I will be in new dehli before: any suggestions for cotton tops there? jewelry in either palce.
Old May 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM

See post by Jackieglasser re cotton tops below. Lot of good suggestions there.
Old May 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM

I think that every thing you could ever want to know about cotton tops was answered in your prior similar question "shopping for cotton tops;blouses in dehli bombay jaipur/ jewelry also". What is in the prior set of answers is pretty much all you need to get nice, inexpensive cotton tops in India.

Mubai has far more sophisticated and expensive shops. It has a highly cosmopolitan clientele and the top designers from India and around the world. You can plan on spening $150-$500 and up for a designer top in Mumbai. There are gorgeous, and pricey, shops everywhere. My favorite Mubai designer shop was Melange http://www.melangeworld.com/ , but like Designer Studio above, you willl pay as much or more than in the US for a similar item. It is the style that is unique and you won't be able to find in outside of high style India. I bought some fabulous designer wear at this store, but none of it was a "bargain"; just gorgous and unique.

You probably want to buy your cotton tops in Delhi at the places we mentioned before. It doesn't make sense to spend a whole lot of money on cotton tops. They are everywhere.