BKK-SGN att James

Search

BKK-SGN att James

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BKK-SGN att James

Thanks for your help yesterday..but I am still in a jam. Called Lufthansa and they are $411 in November (actually the dates were not even what I needed) Air France said they don't think they are flying BKK-SGN past October since it was not in the computer. Thai Air is charging $403 and they suggested I could get cheaper through a travel agent. Do you know a reputable TA I could email?
Also, going to Pattaya after Saigon and was wondering about the location of the new Sheraton or the Marriott. Appreciate all your help.
Mystic
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 09:19 AM

Sheraton Pattaya? Must be missing that, Marriott is in the center of town across the road from the main town beach, this is not really a swimming beach as it's in town, if you want beach you need North pattaya or somewhere like the Rabbit resort (very nice indeed ) at Jomtien beach, all in Pattaya area.

I think you will have to wait a while for the BKK-SGN flights, those fares ( at least Ludthansa ) stipulate 'must' be booked on their websites.

Sea Tours in BKK are good and reliabe for cheap fares.

[email protected]
or
[email protected] ( think that's his email, will ask Bob to advise )
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 09:23 AM

No, was right, Sheraton doesn't open yet, proabably later in the year.
For Pattaya also look at the Dusit Resort, but if you want a good place right in the busy area the Marriott is nice, next to shopping mall. Remember you don't have to go for top places pricewise, USD 40 a night gets you a room with Breakfast,tax,service,at the Tropicana Pattaya , again across the road from the beach which has been around for I think almost 20 years, good safe 'value for money' place with pool, restaurants, gardens, a/c, tv, etc etc
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 09:24 AM

eddie is: [email protected]

he did a fabulous job for me last year on bali tickets, saving me 50% on anything available on the web or from a usa travel agent....flight was the regular thai flight...

i flew to hanoi a few years ago on air france...it stopped in bkk on way to VN 3 times per week and i think i paid about $300+ r.t.

bangkok air may have something, but i am not sure...

eddie will tell you what is best...tell him you want the cheapest possible....if you don't want VNair tell him that too...

he charges no up charge for use of a credit card and he delivers tickets free to you hotel in bkk...i was very pleased with him....he gets back to you quite promptly...office is closed on weekends i think however...
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 09:26 AM

i am staying at the marriott in pattaya in june....i will contact you after my stay if you wish...send me an e mail with thailand in the subject line and i will let you know...bob

[email protected]

i used the www.huahin.20m.com site for all my thai reservations for the upcoming trip
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 09:28 AM

at the marriott i also choose a garden facing room because someone had told me the ocean facing rooms were not worth the extra money....its not like you are right on the beach ...there is a road in between and i thought it also might be noisy in pattaya
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 09:39 AM

I am wild guessing the Sheraton must be up North pattaya way, there was a big thing last year and then it all went quiet, heard nothing locally, but just saw they had talked about Oct 2004 and now are saying June 2005, I will have a check around tomorrow.

Bob- I hope you have your party hat for Pattaya !
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Must say - this board is really fantastic and most helpful!!

Here is the address of the Sheraton Pattaya - never been there so don't know if it's a good location
437 Phra Tamnak Road Chon Buri, Pattaya 20150

I will contact Sea tours and let everyone know how I made out.
Thanks again
Mystic
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 11:45 AM

That's South Pattaya. I will have to take a drive around or check with my wife, she probably knows. No wonder cab drivers can get confused faced with these 'official' addresses, Chon Buri is like the 'county' in which Pattaya is but is also a town well away from Pattaya, everyone uses Beach Road, 2nd Road, 3rd road etc, and then we count the soi's up and down, very similar to avenues/strees by numbers.
I'll check on progress over the w/end.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 06:46 PM

james...does the party hat have to be a special shape or color....orgy has a red t-shirt...will something like that do??? is just NOT being australian enough??
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 07:33 AM

the sheraton site says the new pattaya property will open june 1, but are not yet accepting reservations, so that says to me that they are way behind time....it is in chonburi area near the convention center?? small hotel with like 145 rooms..

bet they will have some good initial rates if the time works out for anyone
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 09:59 AM

Never ever complain to a taxi driver who gets lost with some directions/addresses printed by companies!

It's actually in the Royal Cliff Resort frontage on the Jomtien side over the hill from Pattaya itself, though in the same 'city' area. This is away from the main road in a relatively quiet area between busy South pattaya and before getting to Pattaya Park/Jomtien beach. This is a good area though. Not built by Sheraton but being managed by them. Claim it will be a lot of pool villa type. Could not get nearby at all. Different stories as to when it will open, was planned for last year. Doesn't seem anyone is taking bookings yet. Apparently a new Sheraton also opens in Hua Hin early next year.

Some of the restaurants at Royal Cliff are excellent Bob so maybe a lunch there and then have a look over either the new place or the building site, as they case might be!!
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 03:13 AM

Try Charlies Connection in Bangkok.
http://www.travelconnecxion.com/index.cfm
Price is about $200 plus tax roundtrip
Bangkok/Saigon. You can get a quote on hotels too.
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 11:57 PM

Hey Guys,
Any ideas about Sheraton Pattaya? How's the location?Is it convenient?
Please advise.