BKK Airport question

Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

BKK Airport question

Our first leg in Thailand is Phuket. We arrive BKK 11:20am via EVA, and then transfer to Thai Airways for 2:05pm flight to Phuket. Have I allowed enough time for transfer? Not sure of Domestic vs. Int'l airport.
Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:32 AM

I asked a similar question recently (going from domestic to international) and learned that there is a shuttle between the domestic and international terminals, about 1 mile. Bangkok Air recommended allowing 2 hours to connect domestic to international.
Dec 23rd, 2004, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

mrwunrfl -- thanks. is this based on retreiving baggage and re-checking? sounds like we cut it too close.
Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:08 AM

as i have said before i do not think it is one mile in between and there is a covered bridge between the two terminals....you will have plenty of time but don't doddle through immigration and customs....you will need to go up one story for the bridge...plenty of free luggage carts available by the way...

i have heard of the bus but never seen it..
Dec 23rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

thanks bob. have a great time over the holidays!
Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:31 AM

Virgo, I think you can check your baggage through to Phuket. Ask when you check in for your international flight.
Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:36 PM

not sure i would trust it getting there especially if there is a change in airline....why risk it??

merry christmas to you and yours as well...

anxious to hear how you like eva as i am looking at it for my next asia foray...

bob
Dec 27th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie and Bob. Hope you both had a wonderful Christmas. We just returned home. I'm hesitant to check through to Phuket, but I'll ask about it and see how sure the response is. Bob, unfortunately won't be EVA all the way, only from Tapei to BKK. I'll be posting back on the trip though, for sure
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:31 PM

hip---i look forward to it...bob
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:17 AM

Hi Bob! Just want to make sure- we can walk from Int'l to Domestic for transfer of flight? We're arriving from Manila using PAL and transfering to Thai Airways to Chiang Mai. We have about 2 1/2 hrs. Will we make it? Thanks.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:27 AM

Yes you should be able to make it...they also have a tunnel connecting the 2 terminals with a golf cart carting passengers- we had 2 hours between flights and had time to get our bags, leave some bags in storage at the airport and then on to the international terminal to check in for our flight to cambodia.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:27 AM

Thanks nks267!One less thing to worry about. This forum has really been helpful.I can almost feel myself going through our whole trip already.Many thanks to all for your generosity in sharing your knowledge and experiences.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:07 PM
jat

I just did this and it was very easy and quick. There is a covered walkway between the terminals. Our luggage quickly arrived and it didn't take very long to walk to the other terminal and check in there. We did not take the shuttle because we didn't know how frequently they ran, and it was a short walk (maybe 10 minutes max?). There is a good website for the BKK airport that says exactly how far apart the terminals are and it has a map. The only thing to know is that we had to walk up stairs with our luggage-if there was a way to take an elevator we did not see it. Also, I believe there are two international terminals-different airlines use different terminals-but they are right next to each other.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:12 AM

There definitely are (big, slow) elevators. Look for them near the escalators. The signs are pretty good at BKK and I was easily able to find terminal map displays.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:28 AM

you will make it fine...don't rush as when you are outside and even in places in the covered walk-way, it will be hot...2.5 hours is plenty of time....i think there are plenty of flights to phuket so if you miss one there is always another one...