Best of Bangkok to Me!

Search

Best of Bangkok to Me!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of Bangkok to Me!

This will not be a trip report. Others do this much better than I ever could. So I only mention some of the highlights of my last trip.

1. Christmas dinner at the Pickled Liver. It was fun, food and fellowship! I enjoyed seeing friends I had met before, meeting new friends and just watching the excitement of the children there. Maeng prepared a wonderful holiday meal, and was a perfect hostess. Thanks to each of you at the PL for making this day so pleasant.

2. Dinner with Thai friends at Central World. They took us to a seafood restaurant there ~~ can't remember the name that begins with "L" ~~ and it was a treat. It was great to spend time with these treasured friends on one of our last days in Bangkok.

3. Finally learning to use the MRT. Had I known then (previously) what I discovered this time, I would have spent more time on the MRT. Bangkok does have a good transportation system with the BTS and the MRT.

Hanaman ~~ I hope you and your family had a nice, relaxing vacation. I had hope to be able to meet you and visit ~~ especially with our mutual friends ~~ but it wasn't to be. Maybe another time.

Also, I was looking forward to shopping at the Platinum Mall with Carol, but missed this, too. One of these days!!!!!!

Happy New Year to All!

Sandra (McBeanie)
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 09:13 AM

Glad to hear you had a great time in Bangkok!
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 03:39 PM

Sandra - Dr. Thongtip did call my Mom(high school classmate) on NY's day and I spoke to her briefly. She mentioned that you had visited and you had asked about me.

Happy to hear that you had a good time and on your next visit if I'm around I would gladly meet with you.
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 06:57 PM

Garlic shrimp a the PL is always special.
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 07:16 PM

good review of favs