Bangkok Dentistry

Search

Bangkok Dentistry

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok Dentistry

I was thinking of getting an implant or bridge done in Thailand, as my insurance may not cover the procedure in USA. Is this feasible to do on a vacation? If so, can you recommend a facility or dentist, and what was the cost?
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 01:00 PM

my friend got cleaning done at the Bangkok International Dental Center in Bangkok for 800 baht last month while traveling and was happy with it.
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Than you, I will contact them. My procedure will involve more than a cleaning, so I may need more than one trip. But I figure if the savings are substantial, it would pay for my trips
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 10:20 PM

I like a number of others on this forum use Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok for dental work. So far (between my husband and myself) we've only had checkups, cleaning and a filling but go each year and see the same dentist. We've found them very good. Next visit I will probably need a crown done. I was told to make a one hour appointment for the basic work - go away and travel for 7 days and then come back to get the final work done.

So you may have to factor in something like that too. You can email them and they will give you a quote - Its certainly much much cheaper than in Australia and I believe the USA too. I'm very happy with the hospital - its very well equipped and has good accreditation but there are a lot of other dental places around to. One my friend goes to is Bangkok Smile - (or Bangkok Dental Smile - they have a website so google it) They have been very happy there and had extensive work done. Its a bit cheaper than Bumrungrad.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 02:20 AM

I've discussed further dental work at Bumrungrad myself. I'm sure it will take some time to do all that you wish to get done. They should be able to give you some sort of time requirements.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 05:51 AM

Something like an implant will take more than one trip to Bangkok. The metal piece must be implanted in your jaw and the bone must heal before a crown is made for the implant. These need to be done 4 - 6 month apart.

There are many dozens of places in Bangkok that offer dental work to foreigners. We went into a spa that advertised dental work as well! Espcially if I were going to have something major done like a crown or an implant, I would opt for the best - Bumrungrad.

I have one of my cleanings each year done at Bumrungrad.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 08:39 AM

My wife and I have gone to Bumrungrad for the last 3 years. We've had cleanings, fillings, and I've had a crown done. The crown took 2 visits about 7 days apart.

My wife needs an implant, but its just not feasable to have it done there due to the number of visits and timescale involved.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 08:58 AM

IMHO for something as serious as implant work I don't think you want to be 10,000 miles away from your dentist if there are complications.
Old Dec 18th, 2007, 07:17 PM

I was looking into travel to thailand and found a very good and current directory of Dental Clinics in Thailand, www.bangkokdentistry.com
It has links to tons of clinics' websites in english. Looked like some really good dental clinics there and very inexpensive looking at a few of the price lists that are available online. I saw one on there (sorry, can't remember the clinic), that had some information on how long it would take for some procedures like that. (I think so that people could figure out whether or not they could get it done while there on vacation.)