Bangkok Dentists ?

Old Jan 17th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok Dentists ?

My search yielded nothing on this forum - anyone had their teeth fixed in Bangkok?
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 06:56 AM

The Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok is excellent and they have a special dental center, they can do whatever you need, it is cheap, ( there are of course cheaper alternatives ) so you might as well go for the best.

http://www.bumrungrad.com/en/clinics/dental.asp

You can email them for an appointment.
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 07:45 AM

this is an excellent hospital and many of their doctors are usa certified
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

Thank you - I have researched the bumrungrad site (what a wonderful name - sort of an Asian-Russian amalgum, as we are speaking of teeth) and it sounds good, and I know they do cosmetic "tours" from Australia for face lifts etc. But do you know anyone who has actually had the experience?
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 09:54 PM

I have been there several times and so too the family. I actually used to have a terrible fear of dentists, really bad !! But Thai dentists changed me ! You will have no problems at all at Bumrungrad, they have different dnetists who deal with different things. Firstly they will find out what you would 'like' to have done, then check if they can do it, it is all very friendly and easy. They tell you the prices quite clear. I have no fear at all anymore and they worked wonders for me. They are considored the 'best' .
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 09:57 PM

If you are from Australia Carrabella I can tell you that I would have lost 5 teeth if I had gone ahead with what a dentist in Brisbane wanted after having to go in with a terrible toothache. I decided against it and back in Bangkok they fixed them no trouble, years later I still have those teeth that a brisbane dentist said had to be pulled and replaced with a fixture !!
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 05:10 AM

I'm probably going to have some dental work done when I'm in BKK in just a couple of weeks. I was thinking I'd try Bumrungrad since my son has been there and was very impressed.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 12:29 AM

Hi,

We went to Bumrungrad last August for dental treatment. Actually for my husband as I had (unfortunately) to go to a dentist here in Australia just a month or so before. We made appointments via email and turned up when as agreed. We were very impressed - the dentist was extremely helpful, good and thorough. The cost was also very good - about half or less than we would have paid in Australia. We will be back latter this year and will both go for check ups and cleans etc.

Although it obviously takes a little time out from your holiday it is nothing too much and they are very prompt so you don't have to wait around all day. I make the appointment for fairly early in the day as not much else is happening early on and then you have the rest of the day to yourself. Only drawback is if you have limited time and a lot of work - could be a bit of a problem. Undoubtably you can get cheaper work done in Thailand at local dentists but you will have a potential language problem and Bumrangrads facilities are really first class. I've heard only good things about the whole hospital.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

A belated thankyou to everyone for your helpful and thoughtful answers. Shall post when it's all over.
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 05:58 AM

what about general check up's... does any one know of a good local place. I speek enough thai too say Jep (it hurts)
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 04:23 PM

For your dental work, go to Bamrungrad Hospital. "Local" dentists can do teeth cleaning OK. I can't recommend any, sorry. I have no experience myself with that.