Beaches in April

Search

Beaches in April

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaches in April

I've been helped by this message board alot lately. Thanks to all. It's a first trip to Thailand for us. We only have 3 nights in and out of BK in mid April at the end of Bhutan trip, and we are looking for a beach retreat with a low volume of tourist noise, a sandy beach and possible snorkling either out of Phuket or Koh Samui. We've considered Kamala, Bang Tao beaches on Phuket, or what about the SW coast of Koh Samui? Any thoughts about the Wiesenthal Resort on Koh Samui? Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 08:23 PM

how about koh chang??
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response. I considered Koh Chang, but we are limited by time schedules. As we only have 3 nights to spend on a beach, and our flight from BN arrives at 3:30, and the flight to Trat arrives at 6:30, we'd missed the ferry that day, and have to wait until the morning. This is why I was considering going to a island/beach with an airport.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Can anyone recommend (or not) the Layan Beach resort on Phuket? We are still searching for a untouristy beach to visit for 3 nights in mid-April. It seems like somewhere on Phuket, Koh Samui or close to Krabi would be best because they have airports, and would be easiest to get to, as we'll be limited by time. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 12:57 AM

any one looking for rent a boy email to [email protected]
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 03:00 AM

Personally, I would go for some place on Railay, but then again I just finished a fantastic day trip from Samui to Koh Tai - I'm doing a scuba diver certification but there were tons more snorkelers on the boat.

I'm staying in the fisherman's village area of Bophut, which has tons of nice pubs and resataurants, but NO girly bars are the rest of the 'bad' stuff that usually goes with a developed tourist area in Thailand.