Baseball tickets Tokyo Giants

Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baseball tickets Tokyo Giants

I'd like to get tickets in advance for a Giants game. For the date I want to go in early June, there are tickets available only in the nosebleed section. I can't tell for sure but it appears that all sections become available approximately two months prior to the game date. Just want to verify with the Japan experts that this is correct, and I should wait another couple of weeks before trying to get better seats. Thanks! And any other advice about going to a baseball game at the Tokyo Dome would be appreciated.
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 05:35 PM

My husband and I bought 2 tickets in advance through japanball.com in mid-May a couple years ago. It was very easy, and we were able to choose from tickets in various sections. The tickets were delivered to our hotel and were there when we checked in. I'm sure there was some markup but it was worthwhile to us for the ease of access. However, there were lots of seats available in the stadium for that mid-May game, so we could have just walked up and purchased them if we wanted to risk it.

Our hotel in Chiyoda-ku (Hotel Niwa) was walking distance to the Dome, which made that part extremely easy. If you are staying in a different area, you can take the subway to the Suidobashi station for easy access to the Dome.

We loved the game experience, from the massive organized cheering sections, to the beer girls siphoning beer for customers from their backpacks, to the bento boxes we purchased at the stadium, to--yes!--the baseball itself. I'm sure you will enjoy it too. Have fun!
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, we're looking forward to it. I sent an email inquiry to the e-tix site and they responded with the first date that tickets go on sale. I will try to get them through the website but if that doesn't work, I will use japan ball. DH and I are super excited about going to a game, thanks for the advice about the bento boxes, we will definitely do that for dinner!