Notices

Bangkok Hotels

Old Mar 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok Hotels

Hi there - I have a question about Starwood properties in BKK. We are planning to stay at the Marriott on the river for 4 nights at the beginning of our trip in November, and will be back in BKK for two nights at the end. If we use Starwood points, which hotel would be best? Choices are the Plaza Athenee, Le Meridien, Westin Grand Sukhumvit, or the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Which one would be the best choice? Thanks!
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Of those, the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit usually gets the best reviews. The Plaza Athenee is fairly new and several Fodorites have stayed there and liked it.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 02:42 AM

We always use Starwood points to stay at the Royal Orchid Sheraton on the river. It's our favorite in BKK. We stayed at the Plaza Athenee in November and were very pleased, but we paid cash because there was a great deal.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Gpanda, the reason we were not going to do the Royal Orchid was because we have Marriott points that I was planning to use for our river stay.

What's the location like for the Plaza Athenee? The Sheraton and the Westin look to be both on Sukhumvit Road, close together. The Sheraton is 10K points per night, the other two 7K per night. Is the Sheraton worth spending more? We are looking to do last minute shopping and eating on this stay.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 07:59 AM

the plaza A is located almost on the corner of plenochit/sukhumvit and wireless rd....a great location....the hotel is excellent....basically the PA, sheraton grande and westin are in the same area (SG and westin are across the street from each other).

go to www.spg.com, put in your dates and put in thailand and you will get all the thai specials....i think the very best deals are points and cash---the third section down....for instance the PA is 2800 pts and $45.....wow, what a deal!!

the meridien is an ok location on the same street as the jim thompson main store and about 2 blocks from the river...

imo, the ROS is the least desirable hotel of the group but it is nicely placed on the river
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 08:03 AM

best hotel: for location of course the
ROS, but you will have already stayed on the river, so PA would be my overall choice.... if you want to save your points they also have a very good cash deal of around 4800 B... have breakfast included for a real treat..