bangkok-HK!!information.plz help

Old Jan 25th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bangkok-HK!!information.plz help

hi everybody.i am paul from greece and at 20 of february i am goeing with 6 friends of me (males and females) at a 16 day trip.i will go for 4 nights at pattaya and i will stay at pattaya nova hotel then at the 24 i will go for 40 hours at bangkok and i will leave for hong kong for 9 nights.i know i shouls stay one more night at bangkok but we are many people so we made a plan and we will keep it.

i have some questions:at pattaya is anything interesting(except prostitution)?iwe are goeing for swiming and have fun and look around only

what is the must i do in bangkok.remember i have only one full day and some hours.where to eat?what ?to see?to shop?

finally hk i want to know the same.our budget is middle so where to eat?what to see?where to clubbing?shop?

sorry for the many questions

Old Jan 28th, 2006, 08:53 AM

I would definitely spend more time in Bangkok and less in Hong Kong. In december 2005, I spent 8 nights in Bangkok and wish I had a few more nights and 3 nights in Hong Kong and maybe could have had an extra night. Bangkok is very cheap to eat, shop, club, site-see. Hong Kong, on the other hand, is expensive compared to Bangkok. Unless you are planning to do some high-end shopping (LV, Chanel, Burberry, etc.) or go to mainland China or Macau, I don't think there would be 9 nights worth of stuff to do. The Thais pretty much think that a foreigner going to Pattaya is looking for one thing.
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 06:33 PM

pattaya is really a dump downtown....the beach is not all that nice so i hope your hotel will have a nice pool area....or go to jotiem beach which is far nicer...

at nite you will have "fun" looking around on the walking street....the "girls" will be waving to you and your friends...some are not girls...

will you have a hotel in bangkok??

for one stop shopping i would spend my time around siam square area...go to mbk for you shopping---national stadium stop on skytrain...7 floors of cheap stuff...shop carefully...

everything is a knock-off in bangkok...nothing is real...

it is a fun place however....all of thailand...

HK is fun too but much more sedate...lots of shopping and touring and easy walking and good weather--not hot...
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 11:56 PM

If you spend 9 days in HK, I would recommand you to visit Macau for 1-2 days as well. Good food and things relatively cheaper than HK.

HK is not that expensive if you know where to eat and shop. HK is a food paradise and you can find very expensive food as well as cheap one. Just observce where got a lot of local there and the food would be good and price reasonable. Also, don't just concentrate on shopping and eating, visit some of the islands, and if you like, can go hiking also.

So my recommandation:
Eat - everywhere
Shop - Mongkok, Causeway Bay
Clubbing - Lan Kwai Fong. Visit this page for more info http://www.hkclubbing.com
See - Depends on your interest. For me, I will go islands, hiking, Ocean Park, The Peak
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:43 AM

I am sorry to tell that Pataya is not a nice place to stay at all. Go to Koh Samui island for beach holiday.
If you want to shop comfortable way in Bangkok and in one building go to World trade centre and across the street there are alot shops also . For cheap IT things and DVD go to Panthip Plaza which is very close to Wold trade centre.
Happy travels.