Great Tailor Near The Peninsula hotel

Jan 31st, 2006, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Great Tailor Near The Peninsula hotel

Hey all. I am heading to Bangkok in March and would love to get some pants/shirts tailored. Does anyone know of a good tailor walking distance from The Peninsula hotel? Thanks in advance for the help!
Jan 31st, 2006, 04:06 PM

I don't know of a specific tailor, but I'm sure the concierge at the hotel can recommend one. I stayed at the Peninsula in October and it was absolutely awesome!
Jan 31st, 2006, 07:33 PM

there are several across the river near to the hotels on that side....the area around the penn is very "local"

i use jack at monet il sarto, down the road or river at the marriott mall, 2nd level...
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:37 AM

And, the Marriott ferry is free.
Feb 1st, 2006, 07:28 AM

My husband used one called James Fashions (nice name, huh?). It's not walking distance, but they did a great job - he got 2 suits and a bunch of dress shirts that look amazing. They made them overnight and delivered them to the Peninsula for us.
Feb 1st, 2006, 01:16 PM
ccc

We used Jack and - other than our first visit to his shop next to the Marriott - he always came to our room at the Peninsula for fittings, etc.
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:00 PM

Bob,

Do you know Monet Il Sarto's hours? Do they have a good selection of non-silk fabrics (like wool, linen, etc)? I was looking to have a couple of jackets and some linen trousers made... thanks.. Ken
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:06 PM

Gutentag:

If you catch the boat in back of the Peninsula hotel across the river to the Peninsula docks next to the Shangri La Hotel (directly acroos the river), walk down the street, just past the Shangri La Hotel is the Stylist Tailors. See Miew inside as she speaks excellant English. Had them make a few silk shirts for us last time we were there and they were very good IMHO. Only about 5 minutes from the Pen Hotel.
Aloha!
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:07 PM

Miew may speak "excellent" English but I still have problems spelling
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:20 PM

Send Jack an email with your questions: [email protected]. He's prompt at responding.
Feb 1st, 2006, 08:01 PM

jack has tons of wools, cottons, limited linen, but he can get it for you with some notice....some silk but not much....essentially he can get you anything you want if you give him a day or two or arrange in advance..

jack is there from about 10 to 7 or 8 daily....but it is best to verify specific days and times with him....he is very flexible if he can make money....
Feb 2nd, 2006, 02:37 AM

Or 9:30pm.

As you say, he works for pay. We called him from Ao Nang just before New Years 'cause we saw something we wanted and the tailors in AN closed for the weekend.

He was scornful that people would close just for a holiday, .