Bangkok Airways - evaluate

Aug 1st, 2005, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Bangkok Airways - evaluate

In the past we have had some very mixed thoughts about BKK Airways. Could we have a re-run of our evaluation of this airline, based on recent experience of Fodorites? I am using BKK Airways several times in Nov on my trip to Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. Thks
Aug 1st, 2005, 12:22 PM

All of my experiences with Bangkok Air have been positive. Easy to book online, good service, on-time departures, etc. I've never had a problem.
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:07 PM

We used them in January. It was easy to book but our tickets did not arrive until Friday before our Monday departure--quite stressful. Once we were in Thailand/Cambodia/Burma, they were very accomodating for flight changes--times and dates. I think we changed every flight at least once with no problems.
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:40 PM

We have flown on them 6 times between Samui and Bangkok. Apart from a delay once, it was fine the first time, and very good the last time. When we were at the airport earlier than expected we were put onto an earlier flight, no problem. Staff were all friendly and professional. In the lounge in Bangkok, one of the staff members took our daughter over to the side and braided flowers into her hair...daughter was thrilled. We'd not hesitate to fly with them again at all.
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:19 PM

Oh yes, and they have a little
"lounge" area with free internet access, fruit, tea, Coffee, snacks, etc. in the Bangkok airport--for anyone with a BA ticket.
Aug 1st, 2005, 06:51 PM

i give them a 9 or 9.5....i have used them on several trips and always have been happy...a couple of our flights have been cancelled and they already had us on another flight by the time we arrived at the airport with only a short wait---1 hour maybe....or less...efficient, on time, friendly and cheap if you use the discovery pass....otherwise not so cheap but sometimes they have a monopoly, i.e. trat, siem reap, koh samui....the fare is never outrageous...
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:47 AM

they are good if you choose then on routs they practocly have a monopoy on most notaby siam reap(sp).. on routs with many cariors I think they are offer lilte value.. especialy on the flight that are less then 2 hous.. sorry but paying an extra $50 to $100 for a sandwich and juice seems like a rip of too me.

But I must note that the ticketing agent at bangkok air has been the only person on any airline that I 've been on that noticed that I was leagaly blind. and quickly offered too get me assistence too the correct termanal..
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:14 AM

Travelled return with Bangkok Airways from BKK to Samui in January. Excellent service - no problems.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:22 AM

I must have flown almost 20 double leg trips with them and barely had a problem. The odd flight delayed, but nothing to complain about compared with most national carriers. BKK Air also have a remarkably efficient online booking service that accepts all kind of changes and messing about once you have your reference number, and my first introduction to the convenience of e-tickets. Overall: greedy, where they have a monopoly, but good to V.good.