Search

Bali - PLEASE comment on itinerary

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2005, 08:34 AM
tal
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bali - PLEASE comment on itinerary

We are heading to Bali for 10 days for our honeymoon and trying to put together our itinerary.

Are we doing too much?
Can we realistically do this all?
Are we hitting the right spots?
Is this the right order?

- 3 nights/2 days Nusa Dua Sheraton
- 1 night/2 days Nusa lembongan (Resort)
- 2 nights/1 day Batur
- 3 nights/4 days Seminyak (4 seasons)
- 1 night Nusa Dua Sharaton

Thank you!!!

Old May 12th, 2005, 08:58 AM

To me it would be too much moving around in a short time. I would stay some days in a beach resort and a couple of days in a central resort like in Ubud. Lembongan I would have skipped totally, not much to do or see there, and the beaches are to my opinion not that much better that it is worth going there.
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:00 AM

While I think it's a good idea to stay part of the time at the beach and part of the time inland, you're doing way too much moving around in my opinion. You don't want to spend your whole vacation moving from one hotel to another. Bali is small enough that you can take day trips to see what you want to see.
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:18 AM

You are doing too much. For the amount of time you have, I would focus on 2, maybe 3 areas at the most - otherwise you will be spending a lot of time going from place to place, packing and unpacking.
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:43 AM

I would say you are moving too much. Divide your time between one place at the beach and one place inland -- Ubud would be my choice.
Old May 12th, 2005, 01:57 PM

What about the Ubud area?
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:04 PM

i agree....too much moving around....we did all our touring from 2 bases in the south....

if you hire a driver, and putu is a great one (often mentioned on this board) then you can cover the whole island on day trips in the car...

is your last day at sheraton to be near the airport?? if so why not start out in ubud or up north and finish up in the south with only 2 bases??

you are going to love it...
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:18 PM

I recommend spending at least half the time in the Ubud area- otherwise you'll be missing the most wonderful, beautiful, and romantic part of Bali.

If you want to spend all your time at a beach resort, then there are better places to go than Bali. If Bali is your choice, then I'd say half beach and half inland is idea.
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:10 PM

How about just stay in the hotel near the Kuta beach? There are a lot of little shops there that you could stroll along. Then if you want to go to Ubud or to someplace else maybe you could just rent a car with the driver. Me and my husband went to Bali last year with our friends and we stayed in Ritz Carlton. The cab driver whom took us to the hotel told us that we could rent a car with a driver to go around Bali.
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:20 AM

Frankly, there are two areas of Bali where I wouldn't stay. One is Nusa Dua, an entirely sterile tourist enclave (good for people who didn't really want to go to Bali, but would have preferred a domestic beach destination) and Kuta, which is filled with drunk Aussie adolescents and touts.

Other than that, there are many lovely places to stay on Bali.
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:01 AM

To Kathie:

Well, I really wanted to go to Bali, not to a domestic beach destination, and stayed the first 7 nights at the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel and loved it.The hotel was great and so was the beach. In fact the best beach I saw in Bali. So please don't put a label on people who like to stay in Nusa Dua ( or in Kuta). I also don't like Kuta and don't put a label or criticize those who like to stay there. This forum is good for giving opinions and sugestions ( from what I can see you sugested nowhere...) not for criticizing....

To Tal:
Like I said , I really enjoyed my stay in Nusa Dua and it was very easy to go to Kuta or Jimbaran Bay , just by calling a cab. The ohter days I spent in Ubud and Sanur. I din't like very much Sanur, mainly the beach, but many people love it.
I totally agree with other people that you should at least spend a day or 2 in Ubud.
And I regreted a lot not having gone to Nusa Lembongan. My son had been there and loved it. If you're into beach , it's superb!

In total I was in Bali for 2 weeks and I had it all: beach, culture, food.
Enjoy your trip

Old May 13th, 2005, 07:48 PM

You could put the two single nights (4 and 10) together (4 and 5) and spend them in Ubud. Maybe just one night (or zero) in Batur.

This order is good: arrive and go to Nusa Dua, then drive to Ubud, then further to Batur, then a long drive back to Seminyak, not far from DPS for your departure. That's four stops.

You could reduce it to three by visiting Batur on a day trip from Bali. But that is what most tourists do, I think. And if you do that then you are really doing the same amount of moving around. You'll save 20 minutes by not checking in/out of a different place.

If you choose to move around, then simply don't fully unpack.