Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

AACLimo and airport transport thai-are they the same?

May 10th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

I made a reservation with [email protected] and received confirmation last month. Yesterday I received email from [email protected] asking me to confirm reservation for the same date. They had some incorrect info though. I'm just wondering if it is the same limo service.
May 10th, 2005, 09:54 AM

they go by multiple names...airport taxi/limo----aac limo are two i know, also bangkok airport limo/taxi
May 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

what about airport transport thai? I didn't see that name anywhere on their website. I'm just wondering how they got my info if it is a different agency. Does the sign at the airport say AAc limo? I'll just be sure to look for it. Is the airport transfer by the Marriott's limos much more expensive?
May 10th, 2005, 06:32 PM

Yes, transfer by any hotel limo is much more expensive.
May 10th, 2005, 07:36 PM

Before settling here I used the airport limo services all the time and never ever bothered to book, they are available 24/7 and I simply went to the desk when I arrived, I don't think it's changed and certainly times I have arrived domestic no problems, just walk up and it's sorted.
May 10th, 2005, 07:40 PM

as james says you do not need to book, i just like having all the paper work ready so i can get on to bed...by that time it us usually 1AM...

i have had trouble with pick-ups at the domestic terminal....i shall see how it goes this time...
May 10th, 2005, 10:51 PM

I inquired with aaclimo and got a return mail from airtransportThai. they had details that led me to believe that it was the same comapany. Didn't end up pre-booking, so I cna't say for sure.
We just went to the booth when we arrived.
May 11th, 2005, 05:51 AM

there is no penalty to prebooking, as you do not give them a credit card number....why not do it in advance?? i guess i don't understand the hesitation....are you thinking you may change your flight at the last minute or that you won't be tired when you arrive and can take a city bus instead..????
May 11th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

No, I know we will all be exhausted upon arrival so I already made a prebooking with AACLimo. I was just confused to get another confirmation from Airport Transport who said the car would be a Toyota Corolla. When I wrote back they said they also have Mercedes. I will just be sure to look for the AAC Limo booth inside. I just don't want to be lugging all our bags and 2 kids around the airport(or on the curb outside) trying to get a taxi. I would like to have everything arranged ahead of time so we don't have to wait.
May 11th, 2005, 07:27 PM

i don't remember exactly but i think their sign says something like airport taxi/limo....it is just before you exit the building to the taxis on the left....if you prebooked someone will hold a sign with your name to the left as you exit customs...
May 11th, 2005, 08:15 PM

I just now remembered that I didn't pre-book because they wanted a credit card, and they didn't have a secure site. Maybe they don't ask if you've used them before?

Anyway, we had no problems finding the booth and ordering it there. there was no wait and we were taken in the bigger car.
May 12th, 2005, 04:09 PM

I used AAC limo last month. what a god-send. you know all the men with the name signs once you leave customs any where world-over? Well, the guy from AAC was right in front of them all with my name. He then radioed to the driver who was there in 2 seconds and after seeingthe looong queue of people waiting for taxis, it was so stress-free. Pre-booking r/t is less than a taxi both ways. go for it.
May 12th, 2005, 06:59 PM

she is right about everything but the price...it is more for the limo than a taxi but you cannot compare the two.. a taxi may be 400-500B but the limo is 700-800
May 13th, 2005, 07:37 PM

How do you go about pre-booking taxis/limos from the BKK airport? Is there a website? My flight gets into BKK at 12 midnight and I figured by that time after travelling 23 hours from New York the last thing I will want to do is go searching for a taxi. How far is the airport to The Oriental and approx how much would it cost? Thanks
May 13th, 2005, 08:27 PM

curious...it will be the best 700 B spent on your trip believe me...

the time is about 35-45 minutes at that time of nite to the oriental or slightly less depending on how fast the driver drives you...

[email protected]

this is the e mail i use....

you can save 10% by booking a round trip....you have to pay in cash upon arrival at their counter which is just outside of customs....someone will have a sign with your name as you approach all the people waiting...turn left as you exit into main hall from customs and go all the way to the taxi door---almost to the exit door and their counter is on the left of the door...atm's are just a bit further back against the back wall....

you can also use the address that tnnc mentions in the very first sentence of this report...

they have many names....i call them aac usually....

many will approach you as you leave customs...ignor them and continue until you see your name or go directly to their counter...ignor eveyone else....
May 13th, 2005, 09:11 PM

in general I think the limo service is a rip off.. but I must say that for those that don't feel like waiting around at the taxi stand then the service is usefull...

one time I was stuck for about 30 minutes in a quey and when a fleet of taxis arived it ended up with a UNMETERED cab.. ...