Search

Bali Info (Need Help)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bali Info (Need Help)

Hi All,

Want to surprise my wife with a 5/6 days Bali trip on her birthday. After a 2 day long (obviously i just started) research i have decided the following itinerary-

Day 1) Denpasar airport - ubud (24 km/1 hr)

D2) Ubud - Batur, Lake Batur (abandoned house? boating/kayaking possible?) etc (43 km/1.5 hr) +IF POSSIBLE Mt Agung? [NOT GOING TO DEATH VILLAGE] -Goa Gajah (46km/1.5

hr) - Ubud (5 km/30 min)+local market

D3) Ubud - Lake Tamblingan (60 km/2 hrs) - Pemuteran (60km / 2 hrs) - Ubud (120km/4 hrs)+Spa

OR Alternative

D3) Ubud - Lake Tamblingan (60 km/2 hrs) - Jatiluwih Rice terrace (35km/1 hr 15 min) - Tanah Lot Temple (40km/1.5hrs)-ubud (33km/1 hr 15 min)+Spa

D4) Ubud - Marine Park (22 km/1 hr) - Uluwatu Hotel (52 km/2 hrs) - Uluwatu Temple (20 Min walking) - Suluban cave (10 min walking)

D5) Beach relaxation - Denpasar airport

Can anyone who already visited guide me a little about the feasibility of my plan?

Also instead of Uluwatu I am thinking staying extra one or two more days and travel to Gili islands and also Nusa Penida (1 day each maybe, not sure).

If I want to include these two places in my plan what will be the best itinerary to follow?

And how to get to Gili islands and also for that matter Nusa Penida as they are independent from the main Bali land? Are there hotels to stay? If yes should i stay

there or just plan a one day outing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay coming to a whole different perspective now.
One more thing is how much money should i carry and which currency? I tried to research online and noticed USD and IDR are the common form of currency in Bali i

guess. But exactly what ration should i be carrying these both? Apart from hotel and flights i have budget of around 1000 to 1200 USD. So out of this amount how much

IDR and USD i should carry with me? Is 1000 to 1200 USD enough if i want to stay in bali for 6/7 days (Excluding flight and hotels) and have regular activities like

Scuba, snorkeling (may be 2 days), and transport within (rent a car with driver to go places), local exquisite food with drinks, beach side enjoyment?

I know i asked a ton of question but anyone if reply to me i would be grateful

Cheers
Old Oct 10th, 2017, 06:56 AM

It's unclear to me from your question, but are you planning to spend all of your nights in Ubud? That is what I would recommend. No reason (ever) to stay overnight in Denpasar. Also, your drive times must be from google, as they bear little relationship to reality. With just 5 or 6 nights, you don't really want to change locations. Bali is a small island, but traffic is terrible.

Don't bring money to exchange on Bali - get IDR from a cash machine. And don't plan that you will spend US dollars on Bali. Yes, there will be some places that will accept your currency, but you'll pay a lot for that convenience.

No need to lay out every hour - just go to Bali and relax. It is easy to hire a car and driver, and the driver will be a great resource for you in planning where to go. The driver will know about local temples ceremonies and such.

And I'd recommend that you not go somewhere every day. Alternate days of touring with days of relaxation at your hotel. I don't think you have enough time to visit the Gillis, spend your time on Bali. If you can add some days to your stay that will enhance your enjoyment,
Old Oct 10th, 2017, 03:49 PM
kja

I second everything that Kathie said, except that I'm willing to visit multiple places every day. ;-) But as she suggests, I'd work with your driver to come up with a plan that is reasonable in light of local events.

If you haven't already seen it, you might find some useful information in my trip report:
http://www.fodors.com/community/asia...a-and-bali.cfm

Enjoy!
Old Oct 11th, 2017, 07:11 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Having spent several longish stays in Bali I'd recommend being content going with the flow, more than having a to-do list every day. I say this because one stay was so hot & humid I just didn't want to move if I could help it. It was fine sitting on the veranda of my little house in the paddies outside Ubud with the fan blowing on me, a book in my hand and a sweet young woman bringing me mangoes.

So my recommendation is to see how you feel on any given day with permission to just relax. Doing nothing is as bona fide an activity as anything on one's list.
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 12:57 AM

I found the limits on ATM withdrawal very low. Like $50USD worth only if you were very lucky. Better to use a money changing desk at the airport.

I did not do a lot of touring on Bali as there was enough to see in Ubud and I was coming off of a bigger tour of Indonesia with a lot of moving around. Yes, traffic is bad! I could see spending a night at a beach location if that is your thing.
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 02:59 PM
kja

I didn't have that trouble with ATMs at all! I stopped at several in Ubud.
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 03:27 PM
kja

I should add that my ATM card was with the CIRRUS network, I only used ATMs that were part of that network, and my time there was in 2016.
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 03:33 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I've found that in some places in Asia (Bali, India, Vietnam come to mind) the ATM withdrawal limit can be lower, sometimes much lower, than we're used to. However, in most cases I recall being able to do multiple withdrawals, one after the other at the same ATM. So while a nuisance sometimes, it isn't a real problem. And different ATMs in the same cities will have different limits, set I suppose, by the bank in question.