BALI HOTELS FOR TEENAGERS

Sep 7th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

BALI HOTELS FOR TEENAGERS

Hi,
Thanks to all the suggestions you wrote in this site I have finished to build our South East itinerary. Now I need to book the hotels. We are travelling with teenegers (18 and 15) and I am concerned about the night life in Thailand and Bali. Would you please give me a piece of advice about the best areas to book hotels in the following places:

Phuket
Bangkok
Bali
THANKS. Haydee
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:13 AM

What is your budget? Do you want to avoid involving the kids in nightlife, or do you want them to have easy access to it?

Bali is a large island, is your preference for a beach area, an inland hill area or both? How many nights do you have in Bali? Other than the Kuta/Denpassar area, there is very little nightlife in Bali. You most likely would not stay in Kuta (although I could suggest a few hotels in the area). You would not stay or even go into Denpessar at all as a tourist.

For Bangkok, I think the consensus of this board is that staying on the river in Bangkok is best in terms of avoiding traffic on the roads (most hotels have shuttle boats to major stops like the sky train, shopping malls, etc) and a more peace and quiet. A big favorite here (and of mine) is the Marriott Riverside Hotel and Spa. Great pool which the kids would like, plus an attached shopping mall with fast food that they can wander in at their leisure and safety.

Phuket is also a large island. An idea of budget is helpful for suggestions.

Sep 8th, 2004, 05:15 AM

The Sanur area of Bali might be one place to consider. Calmer than crazy Kuta, it still has a great beach and easy access to many shops and restaurants. I am staying there in November, and from what I have read the area and the hotel where I am booked(Puri Santrian) seems to be popular with families, Aussies especially.
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

We prefer not to pay more than U$S 100 per room (We need two) if it is possible. In Bali we'll stay 3 nights on the beach area and two nights in Ubud.
In Bangkok 5/6 nights and Phuket 4 nights.Thanks.
Oct 10th, 2004, 02:37 PM

The kids will enjoy the Kuta/Legian.Seminyak areas. The Kamala Pantai is a new hotel on the beach in Legian. Grounds are lovely. The rooms are clean and modern with t.v.s. About 40USD with breakfast. The kids will enjoy the surf/beach scene and it is close to shopping and so forth in Kuta. Whether you allow the kids to go to nightspots is up to your parenting guidelines. I don't know if they are boys or girls. I would feel safe about an 18 year old boy going out. Just so you know, they will not refuse to serve the 15 year old, so be aware if he/she goes clubbing with the 18 year old. The good thing is they won't be driving and cabs are very cheap...
Oct 10th, 2004, 02:38 PM

I think the kids will be bored in Sanur.
Oct 10th, 2004, 05:01 PM

i don not think the kids will be bored in sanur at all...why would you say that?? there is lots for them to do...its not kuta, but most mothers wouldn't want their kids out in kuta at nite alone anyway....in sanur, it would be ok...
Oct 12th, 2004, 01:12 PM

Haydee, For our teenager and his friends the favorite area in Bali is Seminyak, which is the north end of Kuta. There are many, many new clubs and restaurants in this area. The moderately priced hotel that most of the expat families from Jakarta stay in is called the Bali Padma. It's not fancy but it's fun, friendly and family oriented. Right in the center of action.

The Santrian in Sanur is also a family favorite (especially for young kids), but I think your teenagers would not be content to be in Sanur and would spend all they're time commuting.

In Ubud, we like the Alila. It's a bit out of town, but has a wonderful setting and if your kids are active, is near the rafting places and lots of good trekking trails.