asiarooms.com vs others (Hong Kong)

Apr 17th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Original Poster

asiarooms.com vs others (Hong Kong)

I've been quoted significantly better rates through asiarooms.com for hotels in Kowloon compared with other reservation websites. Anyone have any comments on this site? You know the saying "if it sounds too good to be true..." Thanks
Apr 17th, 2005, 09:26 PM

I used asiarooms for Hotel Tristar in Singapore in Feb. We flew in at 3.30 am and wanted a "crashpad" for a few hours. The website and the hotel were both great. No problems with asiarooms' booking service, credit card security, followup etc. Go ahead and save some bucks!
Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:31 PM

Having lots of problems with asiarooms.com.....cancelled a reservation abiding by the terms and conditions, however, still waiting for the $664 refund. Made several attempts via e-mail and calls to the 24 hr help desk. STILL WAITING. Most likely will file a fraudulent report
Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:02 PM

It is not "fraud" it is a dispute. Fraud is when someone steals your cc number and makes a charge to your account.
Sep 23rd, 2005, 05:58 PM

jmadison...how long have you waited since you notified them of your cancellation....what is the reason for the cancellation?? that would give us a clearer picture as well....sorry to be so personal about the reason but it adds to the validity...
Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:08 PM

Agree with rhkkmk...asiarooms.com FAQ says that refunds take from between 15 and 45 days to post to your credit card account, after they have processed it in their office. Have you been waiting for over 45 days?
Sep 24th, 2005, 10:46 PM

Yes, it has exceeded 45 days. I have abided by the terms and conditions re: cancellations and am due a 100% refund minus $15 US cancellation fee. In regards to the fraud versus dispute. Asia.com has responded and confirmed with me (via e-mail & phone) that I am due that refund amount....so there is no dispute that I am owed that money. Asiarooms.com has just not delivered what was promised. That to me is fraud.....not a dispute.
Sep 25th, 2005, 12:48 AM

Thank you for providing those details. Your experience is unfortunate...$664.00 is a lot of money, and you are not the only one who I've heard of having trouble with refunds. Sometimes trip plans change, for whatever reason, and it shouldn't be work to get your money back when it is due to you. I do hope, for the sake of others who like to use aisiarooms.com, that your case is not the norm.
Sep 26th, 2005, 06:57 PM

Thanks KimJapan....you must have brought me some good luck. Today, I just received the $664 credit that I've been waiting for from Asiarooms.com. It was quite a relief to find out that Asiarooms.com finally followed thru on their commitment to the client. Unfortunately, the client had to become 'ugly' with them to get resolution. Based on the feedback from others on this board regarding having good experiences with them, I will keep my other reservations active. I just hope that when I arrive in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam, I have a place to sleep.