Asakusa or Yanaka?

Search

Asakusa or Yanaka?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asakusa or Yanaka?

Hi! I am going to Tokyo this June. I don't know where to stay the last two nights. I am considering either Annex Katsutaro in Yanaka or Shigetsu in Asakusa. I wanted to tour Asakusa and go to Odaiba so the ovious choice should be Shigetsu but It's so expensive and old looking. Annex Katsutaro seems nice and the area interesting. If anyone has stayed at both places, can you give me some insights? Is it worth paying extra to be right in Asakusa or should I save some money and stay in Yanaka? Or is there a better option than Shigetsu in Asakusa? Thank you.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theresa - I stayed in the Annex Katsutaro in February '04 on my first trip to Japan and Tokyo. I read about it here from a post of Florence. I liked the ryokan, and the room - Japanese style - was perfect. To me the location in a residential area was great plus it was convenient to the JR Yamanote, the Keisei to NRT and a subway line. There are nice walking tours in that area as well.
Mara