Mansions at Abazo Towers in Tokyo

Old May 28th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mansions at Abazo Towers in Tokyo

Does anyone know of the Mansions at Azabu Towers in Tokyo? We plan to stay there for 2 nights.

I was wondering about the surrounding area - restaurants, things to do, access to transportation, etc. Thanks!
Old May 28th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

I mean - Mansions at Azabu Towers.
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:42 AM

My daughter stayed there for two months before moving into her permenent apartment . The Mansions of Azabu is next door to the Tokyo American Club and has a passage directly to it. The Russian Embessey is next door. Location is ideal as you are in the Roppongi location and there are all types of things to do and see. The TAC is scheduled to be torn down and a new structure to be built.The Azabu-Juban station is nearby and on the juban there are many restaurants and stores. Location is ideal.Have fun
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the information, peppersalt! I'm glad to hear the location will be good.

I hope your daughter enjoyed (or is still enjoying) her time in Tokyo.
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:36 AM
emd

This is the new name of the "Mansions at Roppongi", right? I think so- I am almost certain it is. Search for that name on here. That place has been reviewed extensively by many people on this board (lcuy included) and gets very very good recommendations, esp. for huge amt. of space by Tokyo standards, and nice modern feel to the rooms. If I go back to Japan w/both kids (or if I can convince my husband that he wants to go w/us) we will stay there in one of the the larger 2 bedrm. units. S0 much space! That in itself is a huge point for traveling w/teens...

There's been discussion here about whether Roppongi (I always have to look up how to spell that word!) is an ok area for kids, as parts of it have bars w/bouncers in the street and guys trying to get you inside. But the consensus on the posts has been that this hotel is in a fine area, w/none of that around it.

That is all from memory, so check the posts.
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:50 AM
emd

Oh, I see I was wrong per posts below:

Author: KimJapan
Date: 02/20/2006, 06:05 pm
Mansions at Roppongi are now the Oakwood Apartments Roppongi Central. http://www.oakwood.com/serviced-apar.../prop4870.html

Mansions at Azabu http://www.arc-corporate-housing.com...bu-Towers.html
http://www.themansions.jp/
Date: 02/16/2006, 08:40 pm
After hearing that the Mansions closed, I emailed them and received this reply. The hotel is still operating but under new management and a new name:

Dear Cohen-san

Thank you very much for you inquiry about The Mansions.

I regret to inform you but the operation of The Mansions at Roppongi has
been transferred to
Oakwood and it's remained as "Oakwood Apartments Roppongi Central".
For more information, please contact them on +81-3-5412-6800 or mail to
[email protected].

Thank you.

Shuri Nakayama

Author: KimJapan
Date: 02/16/2006, 09:03 pm
Oakwood is a very good company that manages serviced apartments in many Asian countries, including Japan. Our neighbor, who travels a lot for business, stays in Oakwood properties and likes them.
Date: 01/17/2006, 12:27 am
You might want to look at the former Mansions at Roppogni, now called the Oakwood Apartments Roppogni Central and owned by Oakwood. They have two bedroom suites that also have a sofa bed in the living area, and can sleep 5. Also includes kitchen and washer/dryer. Check the reviews at tripadvisor.com

http://www.oakwood.com/serviced-apar.../prop4870.html

(Obviously at one time I knew this, but I forgot!)

Old May 28th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

By the way, it looks like it is worth checking around for prices. The price for a 3 bedroom through arc-corporate-housing is 57000 Japanese Yen. The price I was able to get was 39000 Japanese Yen. (Not sure where I initiated the booking - maybe the Utell site? The rate is 'Utell Superior Hotel Promotion'.)

It says a 3 bedroom has a king and 2 single beds, for 4 person occupancy.